This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Requires 170 GB Space!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Requires 170 GB Space!

User Info: Number11_1

Number11_1
3 weeks ago#41
Coming from a primarily console gamer, the game really is garbage. I promise you won't miss out on anything by skipping this game.

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
3 weeks ago#42
Maybe physical media will make a comeback on PC? Keeping most of the game on a Blu-Ray disc would certainly reduce the amount of storage space used.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
3 weeks ago#43
HeliosMagi posted...
Maybe physical media will make a comeback on PC? Keeping most of the game on a Blu-Ray disc would certainly reduce the amount of storage space used.

.....no.

Number11_1 posted...
Coming from a primarily console gamer, the game really is garbage. I promise you won't miss out on anything by skipping this game.

So your opinion is the be-all-end-all on gaming? I played a little bit of it on Xbox, I thought it was fine for what it was. Another Final Fantasy. I just stopped playing because it looked like ass.

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
3 weeks ago#44
HeliosMagi posted...

Very extremely unlikely. Not even consoles use Blu-Ray for games anymore (it's used for installation and as a key, like old PC games used to, the game itself does not boot from disk).
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: thefabregas22

thefabregas22
3 weeks ago#45
Have people seriously not brought up that this isn't even true? It was a translation error or something, sheesh.
Alexis Sanchez Baby!
Honk For Ponk

User Info: Number11_1

Number11_1
3 weeks ago#46
GoIrish80 posted...
HeliosMagi posted...

.....no.

Number11_1 posted...

So your opinion is the be-all-end-all on gaming? I played a little bit of it on Xbox, I thought it was fine for what it was. Another Final Fantasy. I just stopped playing because it looked like ass.

No I'm not at all. It's just a bad game objectively. Story, gameplay, leveling mechanics, sidequests are all terrible.

Btw, I'm literally lolling at the idea of not being able to play a perfectly fine looking HD game in 2017 because it "looks like ass". You PC gamers are something else man

User Info: Unknown280

Unknown280
3 weeks ago#47
Number11_1 posted...
No I'm not at all. It's just a bad game objectively. Story, gameplay, leveling mechanics, sidequests are all terrible.

In your opinion.

User Info: rpgian

rpgian
3 weeks ago#48
I know the dl will be huge. I don't think they care to look into compression or making all the language files optional

User Info: celebar

celebar
3 weeks ago#49
"Windows Edition"

Can we get a kickstarter going to hire a new marketing team for Squeenix?
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

User Info: celebar

celebar
3 weeks ago#50
wizardmon posted...
Lots of confusion in this topic.

The download isn't 160+GB, that's the needed HDD space. Downloads like this come in compressed and then uncompress on first run.

You need 160GB to hold the compressed and uncompressed files at the same time, almost every game will tell you it needs more more HDD space than it actually needs.

Compression has worked this way forever; you can't unzip a 100GB file if you only have 40GB free on a 140GB HDD for example, just because you can download the installer doesn't mean you will have the space to install it.

It's still 3x bigger than any other recent AAA game so your point is irrelevant.
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Requires 170 GB Space!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived