This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cant come back to 30fps O.O

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cant come back to 30fps O.O

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#21
Boge posted...
Dirk85UK posted...
I feel pretty much the same about 60fps, since I'm used to getting 100+ fps.

That's why I'm so hesitant to go past 60fps, especially when consoles are still sitting on 30.

As well as being hesitant going past 1080p. You don't go back.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: 95_Eclipse

95_Eclipse
3 months ago#22
captsplatter_1 posted...
Depends on the game.
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.

User Info: Ryzeki

Ryzeki
3 months ago#23
Boge posted...
Dirk85UK posted...

That's why I'm so hesitant to go past 60fps, especially when consoles are still sitting on 30.

I play on my Laptop at +100fps, my TV is only up to 60fps and as you said, consoles vary from 30 to 60fps.

Honestly, it is playable. I would love for all games to be max performance/settings, but I can still play 30fps games just fine.

Obviously if it is a multiplatform game, I will try to go for the best version, which is usually PC. But that wont stop me enjoying games. Specially if some are more "cinematic" and slow paced, where framerate is less of a pain compared to shooters.
MSI GT73VR - Core i7 6th gen @4.1Ghz | | 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4 || 128GB SSD + 1TB || GTX1080 || 1080P@120hz

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
3 months ago#24
It depends on the display being used as well.....ips and TN panels have low to zero ghosting but va panels have some ghosting on dark shade which oddly enough gives the appearance of 30fps being a little smoother and if you look at a lot of high end lcd tvs the majority use va panels now
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 months ago#25
Boge posted...
Dirk85UK posted...

As someone who has experienced 100+ fps, the difference beyond 60 is VERY subtle and more about control latency, but even then it's not monumental, and certainly nowhere near the difference between 30 and 60.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: threedown

threedown
3 months ago#26
Motion, background stuff and scenery just looked slightly blurred to me at 30, that's the only difference I really notice. It's still playable.

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
3 months ago#27
Most of the time people complain about "30 fps" they are really complaining about inconsistent frame rate, as far as I can tell.

There is a difference, I'll admit that, but 30 fps does not feel "sluggish," that's inconsistent frames. Some if not many of the 30fps capped ports have poor frame limiters that cause stuttering, for example, if I understood what Kaldaien posted in the past.

User Info: SSJ4Broly

SSJ4Broly
3 months ago#28
I can because I'm a real gamer.

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
3 months ago#29
Luckily my TV fixes the ugliness of 30fps, into a smooth 60fps. Love my TV!
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
3 months ago#30
I can easily bounce between the two. I must have some sort of super power.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cant come back to 30fps O.O

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived