This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cant come back to 30fps O.O

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cant come back to 30fps O.O

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
3 months ago#31
i have no problems with

i play most of my pc games locked at 4k/30 except fps which i i play at 1440p/60
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: movuzzo

movuzzo
3 months ago#32
I don't know what factors that makes me cannot play a games under 60fps in PC + Monitor but,
I'm totally fine with laggy 30fps on my PS4 with low response time TV.

Under 60fps in PC with fluctuates framerate is kinda uncomfortable for the long time play. I feel dizzy easily.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#33
ApexMjolnir posted...
Luckily my TV fixes the ugliness of 30fps, into a smooth 60fps. Love my TV!

too bad I need vsync, the screen tear is terrible. Luckily its doable with a gamepad cause of the input lag, no wonder people like gsync monitors.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 months ago#34
Ratchetrockon posted...
nope.

Can't tell the difference between 30 or even 144 fps on my 144 hz monitor.

Either you are blind as f*** or just being stupid
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 months ago#35
Voxwik posted...
There is a difference, I'll admit that, but 30 fps does not feel "sluggish," that's inconsistent frames. Some if not many of the 30fps capped ports have poor frame limiters that cause stuttering, for example, if I understood what Kaldaien posted in the past.

30 FPS, even a consistent 30 FPS is markedly sluggish in camera fluidity AND control latency when compared to 60. Play Mario Kart 8 Single-Player, then play a split-screen match with 4 people and tell me that the camera/control isn't noticeably less responsive. It's certainly more than playable, but there is a noticeable difference between the two.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

JKatarn
3 months ago#36
SSJ4Broly posted...
I can because I'm a real gamer.

*looks at username/account creation date* - you're a real troller alright.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
3 months ago#37
JKatarn posted...
Voxwik posted...
There is a difference, I'll admit that, but 30 fps does not feel "sluggish," that's inconsistent frames. Some if not many of the 30fps capped ports have poor frame limiters that cause stuttering, for example, if I understood what Kaldaien posted in the past.

30 FPS, even a consistent 30 FPS is markedly sluggish in camera fluidity AND control latency when compared to 60. Play Mario Kart 8 Single-Player, then play a split-screen match with 4 people and tell me that the camera/control isn't noticeably less responsive. It's certainly more than playable, but there is a noticeable difference between the two.

I should have said choppy.

User Info: Pigeon_Senpai

Pigeon_Senpai
3 months ago#38
Ratchetrockon posted...
nope.

Can't tell the difference between 30 or even 144 fps on my 144 hz monitor.

Lol

No way man. You must have a 30hz monitor or something.
The official Luke Fon Fabre of all boards.

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
3 months ago#39
ajxh posted...
Or poor frame timing. Unfortunately I think it's an underestimated issue.

this soo much. thats what made Crysis so good actually, and GTA4 and other games so bad. The original Crysis you could play at even 20fps and enjoy because it still ran smooth with no stutters

JKatarn
3 months ago#40
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
ajxh posted...
Or poor frame timing. Unfortunately I think it's an underestimated issue.

this soo much. thats what made Crysis so good actually, and GTA4 and other games so bad. The original Crysis you could play at even 20fps and enjoy because it still ran smooth with no stutters

Well, I mean, I wouldn't call it smooth at 20, but it was one of those rare games that seemed very smooth in the low to mid 40's.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cant come back to 30fps O.O

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived