This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a pattern/code to the Steam sales?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there a pattern/code to the Steam sales?

User Info: Jar_Jar

Jar_Jar
3 months ago#1
Or is it random? Has someone/some group figured out the algorithms of which games will be on sale on which days and for how much money off? If not this is a code that needs to be cracked.

User Info: Cryptarch

Cryptarch
3 months ago#2
On holidays there are sales.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#3
You think they would give us another one for the solar eclipse.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: ValzacardX

ValzacardX
3 months ago#4
Yes there is a code. Whatever they add to webpage to display the deals.
GT:Kahlilx77 PSN:CBE_Rookie
Currently playing: Titanfall 2, For Honor, Mirrors Edge, Trails in The Sky.

User Info: arleas

arleas
3 months ago#5
There's a summer sale around late june/early July. There's an Autumn sale timed to coincide with Black Friday. There's a winter sale timed to coincide with christmas/new years. There's a Halloween sale timed to coincide with Halloween (wow!) And otherwise, you just look to see if they're running a sale.

Sometimes they leak the sale info a bit early and sometimes you don't see it till it comes up.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
3 months ago#6
Jar_Jar posted...
Or is it random? Has someone/some group figured out the algorithms of which games will be on sale on which days and for how much money off? If not this is a code that needs to be cracked.

The developers decide if their games are on sale and what the discounts are. It's not random.
Why are Trump supporters so obsessed with "buttery males?"

Jar_Jar
3 months ago#7
Thanks everyone. To clarify, I'm talking about the daily sales, not the seasonal sales. I'm wondering if there is a code or pattern to it, or even how the Steam people choose which games to put on sale and when.

Jar_Jar
3 months ago#8
Dawnshadow posted...
Jar_Jar posted...

The developers decide if their games are on sale and what the discounts are. It's not random.

Thanks. So it isn't random.

There does seem to be a pattern to it though. It seems like there are only a handful of popular games on sale at any given time. I don't think I've seen a situation where there were a ton of big games on sale at the same time outside of the seasonal sales. So, how and when do developers request that their games be on sale at certain times to Steam/Valve, and how does Valve process the requests and ultimately put the games on sale?
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there a pattern/code to the Steam sales?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived