This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wish No Man's Sky had optimization for Dual Core w/ 4GB of RAM. I'm poor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I wish No Man's Sky had optimization for Dual Core w/ 4GB of RAM. I'm poor

User Info: bikeblaster

bikeblaster
3 months ago#11
shmirlywhirl posted...
Yeah as someone who was struggling to get by for awhile I would say hold off on any upgrading. Gaming is a luxury and if you can't afford it that's fine. There are more important things to worry about.

lol.

people say that, yet they spend all their time in front of their s***ty PC playing games.

"I don't wanna spend too much money on a PC", yet it's the thing they spend the most time on weekly.

"I don't wanna spend too much money on a chair", yet you sit your ass on it all day.

Just my opinion. I feel people are too ashamed or feel weird spending money to play games.

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
3 months ago#12
bikeblaster posted...
shmirlywhirl posted...
Yeah as someone who was struggling to get by for awhile I would say hold off on any upgrading. Gaming is a luxury and if you can't afford it that's fine. There are more important things to worry about.

lol.

people say that, yet they spend all their time in front of their s***ty PC playing games.

"I don't wanna spend too much money on a PC", yet it's the thing they spend the most time on weekly.

"I don't wanna spend too much money on a chair", yet you sit your ass on it all day.

Just my opinion. I feel people are too ashamed or feel weird spending money to play games.

Obviously you're not financially independent or haven't fallen on hard times.

I'm all for spending money on yourself if you have the money to spend. But TC said they have been unemployed for awhile. Without a source of income money is a limited resource. A few hundred dollars spent on a PC can easily be a months rent.

It's about priorities, and if TC seems to be trying to upgrade with as little money as possible it might be best to hold off a month and focus on getting back in to the work force.
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: ajxh

ajxh
3 months ago#13
bikeblaster posted...

I think for a lot of people, it's more like, "If I buy this nice chair or computer, then I can't pay my rent this month." When you live on a fixed income, like it sounds like this guy does, you can't really make luxury purchases.

Now, the obvious solution is to get a job, in the TC's case. But the point of the post you were quoting was to conserve money. A lot of people can't make ends meet while splurging on hobbies.

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
3 months ago#14
The above guy said it.. You dont need to be gaming when you could be looking for a job. Unless you find a gf to support you.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
3 months ago#15
ajxh posted...
bikeblaster posted...

I think for a lot of people, it's more like, "If I buy this nice chair or computer, then I can't pay my rent this month." When you live on a fixed income, like it sounds like this guy does, you can't really make luxury purchases.

Now, the obvious solution is to get a job, in the TC's case. But the point of the post you were quoting was to conserve money. A lot of people can't make ends meet while splurging on hobbies.

You can buy the parts to build one over a few months just like i did.. It worked out fine.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: bikeblaster

bikeblaster
3 months ago#16
My point is, if you're spending all your time in the world in front of a screen, and complaining that your PC sucks, then you need to set your priorities straight. The only excuse you can have is "I'm injured, and I can't work", or "I'm working on getting a job".

I'm not saying this is the TC's case... it's just that I've seen something like that many times from people.

User Info: AC_Dragonfire

AC_Dragonfire
3 months ago#17
oblique365 posted...
Unless you find a gf to support you.

GF that supports??? Those kind of people exist out there??

User Info: Boywonder1

Boywonder1
3 months ago#18
get a job first.
AMD FX 6300 3.5Ghz/ 8GB Crucial Ballistix 1600Mhz / MSI R9 290/ Origin-Steam-uPlay ID:WhySoSerious268

User Info: astelion

astelion
3 months ago#19
Weird, i had no chance to post my video here before...
-Dual core G3240
-4GB
-R7 250

Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjEtF2kLidc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjrQEsqcvpM
Some music goes with everything.

User Info: Death_Born

Death_Born
3 months ago#20
Being poor is one thing, but that PC is more than 10 years old. You can literally get one like that for free in the trash.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I wish No Man's Sky had optimization for Dual Core w/ 4GB of RAM. I'm poor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived