This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

whats the big hoopla about Final Fantasy XV coming on PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. whats the big hoopla about Final Fantasy XV coming on PC?

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 months ago#21
It's the classic "master race" pattern

1.) Game in a certain franchise is released on consoles to decent-to-critical acclaim, PC "master race" declares it "garbage", "crap", "worst game ever" *insert hyperbolic statement here*

2.) A PC port is announced/released.

3.) PC community endlessly hypes the game up, how the PC version will be amazing etc. and extols the virtues of said game.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

JKatarn
2 months ago#22
Ultimate_Noob posted...
PC ports should always be celebrated, especially in a day and age where big name publishers are so keen that every single pirated distribution equates to lost theoretical money.

Normally yes, but this one will launch over a year after the original console release. I'm all waiting for a decent port, but that seems like a ludicrous delay for a PC version, looks like their engine must have been really designed around the console hardware specifically.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
2 months ago#23
Maybe it will blow us away. An epic porting effort that torpedoes every perception.
The actual conversion to PC, that is, other issues not intrinsic to technical performance are another matter.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1124-lums-ufo-comedy-anime-and-manga

User Info: Spaced92

Spaced92
2 months ago#24
Szymaa posted...
The best thing about Final Fantasy XV is that it's not Final Fantasy XIII.

The worst thing? Probably that it's FF XV.
Geforce GTX whatever, i7 something or rather, some sticks of ram, an SSD and a Hard Drive with stuff on it.

User Info: capgamer

capgamer
2 months ago#25
It's a good game. It's unfinished, but I would argue that what's there is pretty good.
Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
2 months ago#26
Don't care....red dead 2 plz.
Apathy....the epitome of evil or something.

JKatarn
2 months ago#27
Lum_Yatsura posted...
The actual conversion to PC, that is, other issues not intrinsic to technical performance are another matter.

Well, you can put a dress and lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig, lol. I can't comment as I haven't played the game (and I don't own a PS4/XB1 to access it), but I believe it got fairly "middle of the road" reviews.

User Info: movuzzo

movuzzo
2 months ago#28
batinoari posted...
movuzzo posted...
batinoari posted...
I am guessing there are ppl who dont own a console and want to play ffxv. Those will be disappointed soon enough but they dont know that yet ;D.

At least the game is enjoyable
I was the one who disappointed after traded my gpu to a PS4 just to play ffxv :(

Ouch, that gotta suck. Well, at least you can play Kingdom Hearts, Yakuza and Persona. Altho i do think both kh and Yakuza will eventually be ported.

Finished Yakuza and Persona. Totally better than FFXV.
Really bring back memories of PS2 days..
I doubt it because of Sony, maybe they should port World of Final Fantasy aswell.

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
2 months ago#29
The only good thing about FF15 coming to PC is that it's a signal that Square Enix will probably port EVERYTHING they make from here on out to PC.

I really want DQ11, but I don't want to buy a PortStation or 3DS for it. If it came to Switch, I'd probably bit the bullet and buy the hardware, but if it came to PC like FF15, I wouldn't have to.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. whats the big hoopla about Final Fantasy XV coming on PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived