This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is there a good/active NHL game for PC??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is there a good/active NHL game for PC??

User Info: jjyiz28

jjyiz28
3 months ago#1
just some background info. i was never really into hockey games, but when i owned my genesis in the 90's, i had NHL '95, and played online with the Xband modem. we didn't have ratings or stuff like that, but i was a pretty good player.

i want to kind of get back into playing online NHL PC game; is there any that you guys recommend that is also active?

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
3 months ago#2
Doesn't exist at this point, unfortunately.

There HAS to be some kind of motive for EA to not release their other sports games on PC at this point. Don't give me that "Madden and NHL won't sell well on PC" s***." It has been so long since either of them have been on PC they would both OBVIOUSLY sell plenty well enough to justify a release, even if it was just for 1 year to see how it went. And they have their own exclusive distribution platform on PC yet they refuse to release exclusive games for it. And PC Gaming is as big now as it's been in quite a while. And they're using the same engine they use for other games. And so on.

It really is one of the most baffling things in gaming to me at this point. And why in the hell Nintendo doesn't actually care about their "Virtual Console."

User Info: jjyiz28

jjyiz28
3 months ago#3
i did a search for nhl games, and it seems the popular one may be nhl 2004 rebuilt to 2017 roster mod, or something like that. 2004 is freeware, ill have to do more research.

GoIrish80
3 months ago#4
Yeah one of the last NHL games released on PC (08 I think?) had a pretty active mod community for a while but inevitably people just move on. But there does always seem to be someone who makes an attempt at updating the old games to have updated rosters.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 months ago#5
jjyiz28 posted...
i did a search for nhl games, and it seems the popular one may be nhl 2004 rebuilt to 2017 roster mod, or something like that. 2004 is freeware, ill have to do more research.

No longer commercially available != 'freeware', though I'd doubt anybody at EA would care if you downloaded their ancient 2004 hockey game.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Viper187666

Viper187666
3 months ago#6
Far as I'm concerned, there hasn't been a good hockey game since Midway died. I miss Gretzky 3D Hockey '97/'98. I hate that devs only do simulation s*** now. I don't watch any sports, but I used to enjoy the s*** out of the fun arcade sports games.
Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/xbox01092016.jpg

User Info: CourtofOwls

CourtofOwls
3 months ago#7
yeah,no NHL games
there's old time hockey and super blood hockey
both M rated arcade style games released this year
[?]
"He must've been a very important chimp."

User Info: Crissaegrim

Crissaegrim
3 months ago#8
Eastside hockey manager is a very good management sim but probably not what you're looking for.

GoIrish80
3 months ago#9
Ironically I logged into Steam today and saw a game called "Super Blood Hockey" has been released. It looks.....interesting lol.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 months ago#10
Viper187666 posted...
I don't watch any sports, but I used to enjoy the s*** out of the fun arcade sports games.

This - the only sports games I've ever enjoyed are the over-the-top/fantasy games like "NBA Jam", "NFL Blitz", "Super Mario Sluggers" etc.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is there a good/active NHL game for PC??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived