This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Monitor question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Monitor question

User Info: jdoggyhizzle123

jdoggyhizzle123
2 months ago#1
Is there a big difference between 4K at 60hz and 4K at 30hz if I plug an Xbox or play station up to the monitor for gaming?

jdoggyhizzle123
2 months ago#2
I figured I'd ask the pic guys cuz you guys seem to know more tech things than other boards.

User Info: ajxh

ajxh
2 months ago#3
Well, the obvious thing is FPS. The vast majority of games on consoles just upscale to 4K, but the system itself will still output 4K. That means 4K 30 Hz would still limit you to 30 FPS, even in a game like FFXV, which can do a variable FPS at 1080p. The monitor will still perceive it as receiving a 4K signal.

By and large most console games are still 30 FPS, so it shouldn't really matter for the most part.

jdoggyhizzle123
2 months ago#4
Thank you. So unless I'm doing the Xbox one x then it shouldn't matter. But if I am doing Xbox one x where things will be 60fps than I might want to reconsider huh?

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
2 months ago#5
I wouldn't get anything that's not at least 60hz. The only thing that would deter me from that is if I was on a budget. But even then I would muster up some more dough for the 60hz.
i7 7700K|EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition|Corsair Vengeance 16GB|960 EVO 1TB|850 EVO 1TB|840 EVO 500GB|EVGA G3 750w|NZXT H440|ASUS SWIFT PG278Q 27"

jdoggyhizzle123
2 months ago#6
EvilGiygas posted...
I wouldn't get anything that's not at least 60hz. The only thing that would deter me from that is if I was on a budget. But even then I would muster up some more dough for the 60hz.

Thank you. So I am finding it hard to know if these monitors do 60hz through the hdmi. Is there a place to know if this monitor would?
MG28UQ

User Info: reincarnator07

reincarnator07
2 months ago#7
jdoggyhizzle123 posted...
EvilGiygas posted...

Thank you. So I am finding it hard to know if these monitors do 60hz through the hdmi. Is there a place to know if this monitor would?
MG28UQ

That one does. If it supports HDMI 2.0, it supports 4k60
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Monitor question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived