This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want to start PC Gaming, what PC should I buy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I want to start PC Gaming, what PC should I buy?

User Info: stav8

stav8
2 months ago#11
Look at sites that do refurbs

Generally they are returns and you can net some savings. My pc was from one of these sites and cost £700

In UK I know it is www.laptopsdirect.co.uk
Don't let the name fool you they do towers, monitors and much more
NZXT Stormforce 240:16GB DDR4 RAM:Core i5 6600k: GTX 1060 6 GB: 2TB SSHD:2TB HDD:128 GB SSD:AS ROCK Z170 EXTREME 4; CORSAIR 750W: THERMALTAKE 3.0 LIQUID COOLING

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#12
Sageroy posted...
Fine then, $1500 is my new budget.

That's how much I spent. And that's building and no monitor.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#13
stav8 posted...
Look at sites that do refurbs

Generally they are returns and you can net some savings. My pc was from one of these sites and cost £700

In UK I know it is www.laptopsdirect.co.uk
Don't let the name fool you they do towers, monitors and much more

Probably should change the name, unless laptops is their biggest thing. Like how Best Buy is with TVs probably.
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
1 month ago#14
Sageroy posted...
JKatarn posted...
You're not going to get a great gaming PC for that budget, and it would certainly rule out a pre-built as any pre-built PC in that price-range is going to be a basic-use office machine. Save up your money until you have $850-1000 or so (trust me on this), and with a bit of searching you will be able to assemble a decent all-around machine with a good modern CPU, solid 1060/1070 GPU and 16+GB of RAM that will max out any game at 1080/1440p at 60+ FPS. It's very rare for a PC to be $6800, but you certainly aren't going to get a good gaming PC for only $200-499, trust me on that. You'll have to cut so many corners to fit a decent gaming GPU into that tight budget that you'll end up with a cheap CPU/Mobo/PSU, you'll have to rely on rebates/limited time sales/used components and you'll likely find yourself wanting to upgrade it within 6 months anyway.

This may seem relatively expensive compared to a console, but remember, you can do a lot more on a decent PC than you could ever hope to do on a console, you'll save a lot on games over consoles, and once you have a decent system, you can save money by just upgrading it as needed.

I'd rather buy a prebuilt one instead of building one.

You're going to be wasting your money doing so. Most prebuilts are around 3-500 more than what they would cost then you building it yourself
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#15
If you do end up getting a prebuilt anyway, you should at least learn how to change out your HDDs/GPU/RAM, so you don't need to throw out your entire PC for something silly like running out of drive space.
Building isn't as hard as it seems, though. Probably, the hardest part is the aftermarket cooler, if you get one. Otherwise, maybe inserting the CPU, if it's a PGA socket.
Besides that, it's a lot of plugging things in, just like plugging an old RCA console into your TV.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
1 month ago#16
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA08C4RR7440&cm_re=gtx_1060_6gb-_-9SIA08C4RR7440-_-Product
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: OptimusRekt

OptimusRekt
1 month ago#17
Buy a $200-$300 computer with a big case like an ASUS and put a 750TI or 1050TI in it. Problem solved. Enjoy GTA or Skyrim on High at a good frame rate. You can sometimes find desktops on clearance if you know where to look. Save a $100 or so if you want a new monitor too.

Or you can just buy a PS4 or Xbox One X or something. It plays Skyrim pretty well.

If you're in the US, this might be a good pre-built: https://www.walmart.com/ip/CybertronPC-Black-Green-Rhodium-750Ti-Gaming-PC-AMD-FX-4300-Quad-Core-Processor-8GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-Windows-10-Home-Monitor-Included/50660116
"Too fast for freedom, sometimes it all falls down, these chains never leave me, I keep dragging them around..." - Delilah by Florence Welch

User Info: Sageroy

Sageroy
1 month ago#18
OptimusRekt posted...
Buy a $200-$300 computer with a big case like an ASUS and put a 750TI or 1050TI in it. Problem solved. Enjoy GTA or Skyrim on High at a good frame rate. You can sometimes find desktops on clearance if you know where to look. Save a $100 or so if you want a new monitor too.

Or you can just buy a PS4 or Xbox One X or something. It plays Skyrim pretty well.

If you're in the US, this might be a good pre-built: https://www.walmart.com/ip/CybertronPC-Black-Green-Rhodium-750Ti-Gaming-PC-AMD-FX-4300-Quad-Core-Processor-8GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-Windows-10-Home-Monitor-Included/50660116

I appreciate it but I'm trying to break away from consoles and join the Master Race (though I'll always play Nintendo consoles) Even though my PC could barely run it, I loved using mods and they really enchanted the experience. Imagine using the next gen graphic mods or the big new mod that came out at 60fps!
Don't preen yourself just for doing your job.

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
1 month ago#19
$200 is possible if you go used. Though I'd recommend spending about $800-$1000. Should build a pretty good gaming PC for that.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#20
DarkZV2Beta posted...
If you do end up getting a prebuilt anyway, you should at least learn how to change out your HDDs/GPU/RAM, so you don't need to throw out your entire PC for something silly like running out of drive space.
Building isn't as hard as it seems, though. Probably, the hardest part is the aftermarket cooler, if you get one. Otherwise, maybe inserting the CPU, if it's a PGA socket.
Besides that, it's a lot of plugging things in, just like plugging an old RCA console into your TV.

The hardest comonent to put together was in indeed the after market cooler. After that it was the motherboard. Took me awhile what screws to use and what not. Next time I do build it will be a piece of cake.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I want to start PC Gaming, what PC should I buy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived