This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls 3 or Witcher 3?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dark Souls 3 or Witcher 3?

User Info: Grischnak

Grischnak
3 months ago#1
This isn't a "which game should I buy topic?". More of a "which game should I replay/which game has better DLC?" topic. Already own both games and have beaten both. However, despite having the season pass for both, I never actually got around to playing the DLC in either. Kind of in a slow period for games and thought I'd return to one(or both) of these games to play the DLC I never got around to. I was going to jump into both at my last save points and just do the DLC but I have some issues with that. I recently got a new PC and, while my Witcher 3 data transferred fine, Dark Souls 3 doesn't cloud save so my Dark Souls 3 data was lost forcing me to start over from the beginning to play the DLC. And I tried to just jump into the Witcher 3 to play the DLC but I was so lost after having not playing it for so long that I decided I'd probably need to start a new game+ for that too. So: Which game should I replay/Which game has better DLC?

User Info: baseketballr09

baseketballr09
3 months ago#2
Witcher 3 has some of the best dlc ever made. It's better than the main game. I never played the Dark Souls 3 dlc but people didn't seem to like the first one because its short but enjoyed the 2nd dlc.
Another One

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
3 months ago#3
I haven't played Witcher 3 yet but Dark Souls 3 should be a lot quicker at least *shrug*
Personally I thought DkS3 DLC1 was great, I loved the whole area and the main boss was really really good. DLC2 however, I thought that was just crap. The area was kinda interesting but I didn't like anything else about it. I didn't even bother beating the two last bosses TBH. And nah, I really didn't mind the angel things that people apparently hated.
'Ahn~ It's so loud I can't sleep~!' Lily White said, suddenly awaking.
How great the power of yuri was that it could even neutralise poison!

User Info: Zaeem

Zaeem
3 months ago#4
Played both of them with dlc I would say both games have exploration but the major difference in them is combat and story so if you wanna go with good combat than ds3 is the choice while the story is cryptic I always enjoyed this deduction game from some hints of storyline and piece them together into an explanation of what tragedy struck certain kingdom but if you wanna go with straight forward good story line than go with witcher.

User Info: SnipeStar

SnipeStar
3 months ago#5
W3 is the superior game any way you generally cut it.
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | GTX 980Ti FTW | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro/2TB Seagate | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV05

User Info: spacecowboymike

spacecowboymike
3 months ago#6
SnipeStar posted...

Opinions are a hell of a drug.

Not that I dislike Witcher 3 but I like Dark Souls 3 much better.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#7
Witcher 3. Then again I have not played Dark Souls 3. But Witcher 3 has amazing DLC, and amazing story which has a very nice conclusion.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: Zaeem

Zaeem
3 months ago#8
SnipeStar posted...

Everyone got their own opinions ds3 in terms of combat wins by a land slide w3 story was great but I got bored of gameplay probably after 10 hours only story kept me captivated.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#9
Zaeem posted...
SnipeStar posted...

Everyone got their own opinions ds3 in terms of combat wins by a land slide w3 story was great but I got bored of gameplay probably after 10 hours only story kept me captivated.

DS3 no doubt probably has the better combat, that's Witcher 3's weak point.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 months ago#10
captsplatter_1 posted...
Zaeem posted...
SnipeStar posted...

DS3 no doubt probably has the better combat, that's Witcher 3's weak point.

Ummm the combat in dark souls is slow moving... All you do is hit dodge roll and repeat. While the combat in W3 is roughly the same and do not no why people compare the 2 together and say DS is superior when they are pretty much exactly the same...
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dark Souls 3 or Witcher 3?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived