This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls 3 or Witcher 3?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dark Souls 3 or Witcher 3?

User Info: Paulo_Lopes

Paulo_Lopes
2 months ago#11
Fade2black001 posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Zaeem posted...
SnipeStar posted...
W3 is the superior game any way you generally cut it.

Everyone got their own opinions ds3 in terms of combat wins by a land slide w3 story was great but I got bored of gameplay probably after 10 hours only story kept me captivated.

DS3 no doubt probably has the better combat, that's Witcher 3's weak point.

Ummm the combat in dark souls is slow moving... All you do is hit dodge roll and repeat. While the combat in W3 is roughly the same and do not no why people compare the 2 together and say DS is superior when they are pretty much exactly the same...

The fact that you have multiple weapon choices with their own movesets even within the same weapon class, special skills, dual wielding, one handed VS two handed movesets, long range weapons, combos, a much wider variety of spells, a parry system that matters...

Witcher 3 has fantastic elements and production value but the combat is really basic, it's not effectively bad but it's so mundane, specially the Melee component when compared to other games like dark souls and dragon's dogma. There is zero variety from beginning to end in the witcher, every weapon has the same moves be it a sword, a mace or an axe. You loot great axes from enemies just so they become tomahawks when you use them, and you wield them like swords. The one change in combat comes way late in the form of "hold X to spin your sword blindly and with little control over Geralt's movement" which is hardly an improvement on the fun department.
~~ The self-appointed Immortal Iron Fist of the C&GN Board. ~~

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
2 months ago#12
The Witcher 3 DLC is better/longer than most main games these days. Not even really a choice in my opinion.

Read the original topic douchebags, he's not asking which game is better. He's played and beaten both of them.

User Info: batinoari

batinoari
2 months ago#13
Witcher 3 has the better dlc. Heh, Blood & Wine could easily be a standalone game. I am not a big fan of the huge open world in witcher (thats why i prefer the previous versions) so i liked the smaller maps better and i never really bothered with anything but the quests.

User Info: Zaeem

Zaeem
2 months ago#14
GoIrish80 posted...
The Witcher 3 DLC is better/longer than most main games these days. Not even really a choice in my opinion.

Read the original topic douchebags, he's not asking which game is better. He's played and beaten both

tc is asking which dlc is better if you prefer gameplay dark souls easily and realistically you spend most of the time in witcher with combat or detective vision so if you don't like the gameplay it gets boring fast no matter how great the story is so far ds3 combat feels unpredictable intense which makes every encounter unique and exciting keeps the fun factor high in gameplay.

User Info: neroAngelo

neroAngelo
2 months ago#15
Easy DS3. W3 is just a bad game all around. No point in playing its DLC.
PSWii360U - This is how I triforce http://i.imgur.com/9qF9vGa.jpg
i7 6700k@4.5, 32GB DDR4, 1070 G1 8GB, 512GB 840 pro, 960 GB SanDisk Ultra II, HTC Vive

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
2 months ago#16
Dark Souls 3 for sure IMO, but I love all the Souls games
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
2 months ago#17
captsplatter_1 posted...
no doubt probably

whaaaaa

Fade2black001 posted...
Ummm the combat in dark souls is slow moving... All you do is hit dodge roll and repeat. While the combat in W3 is roughly the same and do not no why people compare the 2 together and say DS is superior when they are pretty much exactly the same...

No, really, you *must* in a contest to see who can be the most wrong about the most things.

User Info: NeoSioType

NeoSioType
2 months ago#18
I really feel like Dark Souls 3 needed more DLC. Base game wasn't meaty enough for me either.

One of the reasons they feel short is because the areas are much easier to get through than DkS2's Crown DLCs (These things were a gauntlet the whole way through). Though DkS3 had a few exceptions. I know I had trouble with the beginning area of AoA. Having said that AoA and RC are beautiful DLCs and the end boss is very badass.

It's not fair for me to compare them to the Witcher 3 DLC because I'm eternally playing the base game. :)

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
2 months ago#19
Witcher 3.

Anyone who says otherwise deserves a "Souls Troll" tag.

User Info: Joninkinma

Joninkinma
2 months ago#20
ok.
Dark souls 3 DLC

Ashes is short but contains imo the best boss battle maybe in the series.
Ringed city is more worthy the money. its hard, its longer its souls. worth the money.

W3...

JUST the blood and wine dlc is worth more dollar/hour value than just about any DLC ever made. Its more witcher 3, in quality and length.

if you can ONLY get 1 piece of DLC for any game ever... make it blood and wine for w3.

and I love dark souls. alot. but facts is facts yo!
Doesn't matter what I do. I can Run, Jump or Roll... The Grenade just grows legs and chases me down! ~Jengymae
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dark Souls 3 or Witcher 3?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived