This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When you sell something on steam do you get the money right away?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. When you sell something on steam do you get the money right away?

User Info: nativeboi85

nativeboi85
1 month ago#1
For instance it said i can sell for 0.03 cents a card i have if i hit sell will it sell right away or does some one have to buy it
gofundme.com/rqsbj8 lets raise that fleek for the ultimate boss video

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#2
someone must buy it.
If you want it to sell right away, sell it for the price of the highest buy listing.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Chass1990

Chass1990
1 month ago#3
lol did you think you were selling them back to valve or something?
MSI Z97 Gaming 5 * Xeon E3-1246 v3 * Noctua NH-U12S * MSI GTX 970 * Sound Blaster Z * HyperX Savage 32GB * 850 Evo * Supernova G2 750W * Phanteks Enthoo Pro

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
1 month ago#4
What's more is if it does sell for 3 cents, Valve takes a cut so you'll get 1 cent in the end.
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: BMXJouster

BMXJouster
1 month ago#5
Yeah, there's a reason it's called a marketplace. You're selling it to other users, so yes you won't get paid until someone buys your item(s). LOL

Also, like someone else said, Valve and the publisher of the game the item is related to each get a cut from the sale. So if you list an item at $.03 Valve gets $.01, the publisher gets $.01 (which can also be Valve if it's a Valve game) and then you get $.01.

And it should also be noted that if you sell over a certain number of items through the marketplace (I believe it's 200 items) you need to provide a bunch of personal information to Valve (including SSN) to continue selling past that point (it's supposed to be on file for potential tax purposes I believe).
Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives
"One embarrassing clown's quest for the ultimate case of diarrhea."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. When you sell something on steam do you get the money right away?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived