This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XCOM 2's performance is fixed, but only if you buy the expansion pack.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. XCOM 2's performance is fixed, but only if you buy the expansion pack.

User Info: PSP_H0mebrew

PSP_H0mebrew
2 months ago#1
https://www.reddit.com/user/FXS_MisterKevin

Taken from the QandA this morning.

"To achieve the full breadth of new features and systems in War of the Chosen, the team rebuilt large portions of the original game. As a result, any optimizations players experience in War of the Chosen are part of the new game code, and are not present in the base game."

Wow. So f*** everyone who paid full price for the broken mess that was XCOM 2 on launch I guess, and it still runs pretty bad. What a joke.
Everyone wants to know the truth, until they find it.
Montreal Canadiens Fan

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
2 months ago#2
Whine more. I'm sure the XCom devs visit this bastion of all that is good and great in the gaming world constantly to get the incredible feedback you can only get here.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 months ago#3
Sounds like it isn't fixed to me and only the expac is better.
Reality is so flexible these days, its hard to tell whos disconnected from it and who isnt. You might even say its a pointless distinction.

User Info: Death_Born

Death_Born
2 months ago#4
PSP_H0mebrew posted...
Wow. So f*** everyone who paid full price for the broken mess that was XCOM 2 on launch I guess, and it still runs pretty bad. What a joke.

In this case I don't care THAT much. It had performance issues with FPS drops, but still ran well enough for me to get my full enjoyment out of the game. I'm not going to rile myself up over the game publisher being cheap.

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
2 months ago#5
I have to question what was so busted that it needed to be expansion-only, but hey, it's not like I wasn't going to buy the expansion anyway.

Do hope LW2 updates to be compatible but if it doesn't, ehhh.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: foxbat008

foxbat008
2 months ago#6
never had much performance problems on xcom 2 and use to run it on a s*** pc.

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
2 months ago#7
I think that the rebuilt portions were only made to work with the expansion content therefore the performance benefits only apply to the expansion.

User Info: tzuyd

tzuyd
2 months ago#8
PSP_H0mebrew posted...

Yup. Next step is for them to drop releasing patches altogether and just improve the base game solely through expansions, ala Sims.
Hillary For Prison 2017

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
2 months ago#9
"Wah wah, I have to buy dlc now."
Actually, no you don't. You don't have to buy anything. You can uninstall the base game and go back to playing something else.
Xcom 2 runs fine on my pc. Maybe try to upgrading your potato pc?
Now, say my name.

User Info: CreekCo

CreekCo
2 months ago#10
I really wanted to support this and Civ VI but I just can't.
*Triggered*
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. XCOM 2's performance is fixed, but only if you buy the expansion pack.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived