This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XCOM 2's performance is fixed, but only if you buy the expansion pack.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. XCOM 2's performance is fixed, but only if you buy the expansion pack.

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
4 weeks ago#11
Heisenberg312 posted...
Xcom 2 runs fine on my pc. Maybe try to upgrading your potato pc?

Lol'd. Then I was triggered.

Heisenberg312 posted...
Maybe try to upgrading
i7 7700K|EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition|Corsair Vengeance 16GB|960 EVO 1TB|850 EVO 1TB|840 EVO 500GB|EVGA G3 750w|NZXT H440|ASUS SWIFT PG278Q 27"

User Info: Pauken

Pauken
4 weeks ago#12
2k yet again proves why they're only mere inches from outdoing Ubisoft and EA for worst video game publishers ever. At least EA's trash is, well, trash, and Ubisoft's games are so bug ridden on PC you're better off buying the console versions anyway. 2k has good games, but good lord are they anticonsumer. From GTA V having legal action threatened against singleplayer modders, to Civ Beyond Earth and Civ VI recieving basically nada for post-release support, and now DLC fixing crap that was broken in the original game but requiring buying the DLC to get it despite patching being possible with XCOM 2. What's next, charging full price for XCOM 3, but making the game literally impossible to win unless you pay another 30 bucks to "weaken" the aliens enough to not be impossible?

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
4 weeks ago#13
For one, if the game's performance bothered you that much, you probably shouldn't have bought it.
For two, better that they fixed it *somehow*. Patching the base game was likely not possible since this expansion apparently re-does a lot of programming.

For those who were bothered about the performance, now's the time to jump on board. For those who weren't, well now the game runs better! So yay?
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
4 weeks ago#14
Pauken posted...
2k has good games, but good lord are they anticonsumer. From GTA V having legal action threatened against singleplayer modders,

Err...that's Take-Two, dude. Not 2K.

Pauken posted...
but requiring buying the DLC to get it despite patching being possible with XCOM 2.

Yeah...because you worked on the game and now how viable patching the base game was, right?
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
4 weeks ago#15
It's best to wait for reviews anyways, this expansion doesn't seem to add any new campaign for example.
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
4 weeks ago#16
Pauken posted...
2k yet again proves why they're only mere inches from outdoing Ubisoft and EA for worst video game publishers ever. At least EA's trash is, well, trash, and Ubisoft's games are so bug ridden on PC you're better off buying the console versions anyway. 2k has good games, but good lord are they anticonsumer. From GTA V having legal action threatened against singleplayer modders, to Civ Beyond Earth and Civ VI recieving basically nada for post-release support, and now DLC fixing crap that was broken in the original game but requiring buying the DLC to get it despite patching being possible with XCOM 2. What's next, charging full price for XCOM 3, but making the game literally impossible to win unless you pay another 30 bucks to "weaken" the aliens enough to not be impossible?

Let's hope so. If not, there will be nothing for you to be mad at! Oh noes! D:
Now, say my name.

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
4 weeks ago#17
Cool_Dude667 posted...
It's best to wait for reviews anyways, this expansion doesn't seem to add any new campaign for example.

odd, viewing the assorted pre-release streams and whatnot it appears to add at least four setpiece missions and a whole slew of new maps and mission types, the new miniboss stuff, the new classes, and a bunch of new geoscape-level meta stuff like AP and research items.

if you were looking for a complete scenario overhaul like that one mod that turns XCOM-classic into a steampunk post-apocalyptic banditry simulator, well, there isn't really an expansion that -does- that :S
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: JohnMafia

JohnMafia
4 weeks ago#18
Is there a complete version yet or are they still working on more DLC?
http://i.imgur.com/E3OsII9.gif | http://i.imgur.com/Wtbe2To.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Wiqbata.gif | <Coming in 2016>

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 weeks ago#19
Voidgolem posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...

odd, viewing the assorted pre-release streams and whatnot it appears to add at least four setpiece missions and a whole slew of new maps and mission types, the new miniboss stuff, the new classes, and a bunch of new geoscape-level meta stuff like AP and research items.

Yeah, the DLC seems a lot like what Enemy Within had - an expansion and refinement of a lot of the baste game, not a totally new thing.

Besides who in their right mind would even expect a new campaign for XCOM 2?
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. XCOM 2's performance is fixed, but only if you buy the expansion pack.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived