This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ultimate Doom ($1.49) on GOG includes Elder Scrolls 1+2 for free!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ultimate Doom ($1.49) on GOG includes Elder Scrolls 1+2 for free!

User Info: sarevokmb

sarevokmb
3 months ago#1
They are pre-configured to run really well on modern PCs, so now you can experience the best TES game without messing around with DOSbox configs.

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
3 months ago#2
If you can get past the dated graphics and the ass controls, Daggerfall is a great game. Just know that it uses a DnD style combat system where just because it looks like your sword hit them, there are dice rolls in the background to determine if you acruelly did hit.
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 months ago#3
TES 1+2 have been available as freeware from Bethesda for quite a while now, and in my experience the default configs GoG uses usually require some tweaking to number of cycles etc.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Axtlar

Axtlar
3 months ago#4
Can anyone confirm whether gog's Arena and Daggerfall setups run well? I use ArenaSetup and it runs perfectly until you're outdoors or in cities where the fps goes into slideshow mode.

JKatarn
3 months ago#5
Axtlar posted...
Can anyone confirm whether gog's Arena and Daggerfall setups run well? I use ArenaSetup and it runs perfectly until you're outdoors or in cities where the fps goes into slideshow mode.

Last time I played it in DOSBox, the cities in Arena seemed to run pretty well, at least as well as they would have on a high-end 486/low-end Pentium.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

JKatarn
3 months ago#6
Protip: you don't need to buy Doom to get Arena/Daggerfall, Bethesda released them to the public some time ago, but $1.49 for the Ultimate Doom datafiles is a bargain.

https://elderscrolls.bethesda.net/en/arena
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ultimate Doom ($1.49) on GOG includes Elder Scrolls 1+2 for free!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived