This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Baldur's gate 1 is a joke compared to Baldur's gate 2

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Baldur's gate 1 is a joke compared to Baldur's gate 2

User Info: Terrorknight3

Terrorknight3
3 months ago#1
Baldur's gate 1 you can get by with tank and spank.

Baldur's gate 2 you fight some of the most fearsome creatures ranging from demi-gods, liches, dragons and etc.

You actually have to use your brain, preparation and proper strategy to overcome those bosses.

Man Baldur's gate 1 is so ridiculously easy compared to Baldur's gate 2.

User Info: myztikrice

myztikrice
3 months ago#2
Yeah I hate low lvl DnD
"Why are you always smiling?"
"'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical."

User Info: chandl34

chandl34
3 months ago#3
If you use SCS, there are a few battles that are difficult. The last battle and a few others.
... even on Earth Mode.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
3 months ago#4
Still incredibly fun.
Ryzen 1600X @ 4GHz | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | GTX 1080 @ 2GHz | HyperX SSD | 28" Acer 4K
Actively Playing: Splatoon 2 | Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

User Info: CrestedTax

CrestedTax
3 months ago#5
Baldur's Gate 1 is still the better game imo.
FC: 5172-3452-9992 Kaurus

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
3 months ago#6
I think I've started baldur's gate like 3 times cause I f***ed up my builds in some way. I like playing games blind, but this one ... eh.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.
The cranky hermit 3 months ago#7
The EE must have really screwed with the game balance, because OG BG1 is pretty difficult early on, and pretty difficult at the end, with "tank and spank" only being viable around level 4 or so, but not against boss encounters or the endgame.

And BG2 eventually starts showering you in +4/+5 equipment and more gold than you could imagine what to do with. It gets a bit easy at that point.
http://thecrankyhermit.shoutwiki.com
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!

User Info: Whitesburg

Whitesburg
3 months ago#8
OG BG1 was tough. Kits and EE NPC make it easy though. Just the changes in engine make melee much better.

User Info: Kharillle

Kharillle
3 months ago#9
Took me 10 years from 2002 to 2012 to finish my first game of 1. Then I realized I wanted a fighter mage class so I restarted. I think I'll just collect all the attribute books and export my character.
No time for games so I twitch. Youtube is good. Two monitors at any one time. My graphics card ist krap.

User Info: Spaced92

Spaced92
3 months ago#10
BG1 is harder than 2, don't know what you're talking about. I've never played the enhanced editions if that makes any difference, but the original versions should always be the point of reference. I like both equally for different reasons.
Geforce GTX whatever, i7 something or rather, some sticks of ram, an SSD and a Hard Drive with stuff on it.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Baldur's gate 1 is a joke compared to Baldur's gate 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived