This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Baldur's gate 1 is a joke compared to Baldur's gate 2

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Baldur's gate 1 is a joke compared to Baldur's gate 2

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
3 months ago#11
CrestedTax posted...
Baldur's Gate 1 is still the better game imo.

+1
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
3 months ago#12
I've finished BG1, got lost at the start of BG2 and backlogged it.

User Info: AimlessDork

AimlessDork
3 months ago#13
Breaking news, sequel is better game than older game.
GTX 1070, i7-6700, NZXT Phantom 530, W10
Ps4. Ps3. PC. 3DS

User Info: Terrorknight3

Terrorknight3
3 months ago#14
AimlessDork posted...
Breaking news, sequel is better game than older game.

Typically it is the other way around for most games.
(message deleted)

User Info: Golden_Gonads

Golden_Gonads
3 months ago#16
BG1 is the better D&D game. BG2 through accuracy to pen and paper out in the interests of 'fun'. Both have their strong points, but I definitely think BG1 was harder. Repeatedly being mauled by wildlife on the map outside Candlekeep has scarred me for life.

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
3 months ago#17
Someone didn't play Baldur's Gate all the way through.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
3 months ago#18
The EE must have really screwed with the game balance, because OG BG1 is pretty difficult early on, and pretty difficult at the end, with "tank and spank" only being viable around level 4 or so, but not against boss encounters or the endgame.

And BG2 eventually starts showering you in +4/+5 equipment and more gold than you could imagine what to do with. It gets a bit easy at that point.

BG1 was HARD when it was released. Everyone used to cheese the final 1/4 of the game. EE and earlier Bioware patches made it a lot easier.

Gold rains from the sky in BGEE. Everything drops like 10x as much as it did in original release. The survival aspect disappeared and you no longer had to choose what you bought wisely. Magic items are ID'd instantly so you didn't have to guess if something was magic or not. I believe stuff in shops infinitely repop now and are no longer limited to 1 copy (or I may be misrembering this).

Also the standard difficulty of BGEE is different than it was in original. It's set for the player to take 30% less damage out of the box.

And I prefer low level DND, levels 1-8.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: Jar_Jar

Jar_Jar
3 months ago#19
I've never played a Baldur's Gate game but I prefer low level Dungeons and Dragons to high level. I might have to try BG1 someday.

User Info: Ruppe21

Ruppe21
3 months ago#20
Try Durlag's tower, you won't get far with tanking and spanking.
Baldur's gate 2 is way easier because of the ridiculous amount of options you have in combat and all the godly equipment you get compared to Bg 1.

Sure the monsters throw more annoying debuffs and stuff at you but you also have a gazillion ways to counter them.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Baldur's gate 1 is a joke compared to Baldur's gate 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived