This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DVD/BLU-RAY/HD-DVD Software for Windows 10?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. DVD/BLU-RAY/HD-DVD Software for Windows 10?

User Info: AimlessDork

AimlessDork
4 weeks ago#11
ApexMjolnir posted...
AimlessDork posted...
Why would you even own any HD-DVDs, let alone a hundred. They've not even built HD-DVD players for almost a decade and it was clear from the start that blu-ray was going to win that format war.

Also, they haven't *made* HD-DVDs in a decade. What did you possibly buy that counted to a 100 of them.

a whole lot of trying to justify bad decisions

fixed that for you
GTX 1070, i7-6700, NZXT Phantom 530, W10
Ps4. Ps3. PC. 3DS

User Info: LB3

LB3
4 weeks ago#12
As long as you have a way to play them hd dvd is a super cheap way to get a bunch of movies. Hell i might grab a cheap player and grab a bunch.

Here is a list and discription for some good software choices.

http://lifehacker.com/5870977/five-best-blu-ray-playback-suites

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
4 weeks ago#13
AimlessDork posted...
ApexMjolnir posted...
AimlessDork posted...
Why would you even own any HD-DVDs, let alone a hundred. They've not even built HD-DVD players for almost a decade and it was clear from the start that blu-ray was going to win that format war.

Also, they haven't *made* HD-DVDs in a decade. What did you possibly buy that counted to a 100 of them.

fixed that for you

Why are you trying to JUDGE me. Its a f***ing movie format.

Don't Mis-quote me.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

AimlessDork
4 weeks ago#14
ApexMjolnir posted...
AimlessDork posted...
ApexMjolnir posted...
AimlessDork posted...

fixed that for you

Don't Mis-quote me.

I'm not mis-quoting you, i summed up your statements, which can be best summed as "I made a really bad decision but look how cheap i can use this s***ty format now!"
Ps4. Ps3. PC. 3DS

ApexMjolnir
4 weeks ago#15
LB3 posted...
As long as you have a way to play them hd dvd is a super cheap way to get a bunch of movies. Hell i might grab a cheap player and grab a bunch.

Here is a list and discription for some good software choices.

http://lifehacker.com/5870977/five-best-blu-ray-playback-suites

I found a way to "Update" the PowerDVD that is on my PC... It likely won't do s***.

I will probably just get a different software, if it can't handle blu-ray and DVD and HD-DVD. Funny thing is, I just pulled the drive from a PC that I am selling, and windows 7 had plenty of free software that ran the drive with no issues.

WIN 10 has a Raging middle finger for pretty much everything I ever bought... Don't even get me started on my $500 Flatbed photo scanner that I use for my Photo restoration business. I was not happy with Canon's answer to why they won't upgrade the drivers... (Hint: they offered me a $100 discount on a NEW product that was not 9600x9600 DPI)
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

ApexMjolnir
4 weeks ago#16
AimlessDork posted...
ApexMjolnir posted...
AimlessDork posted...
ApexMjolnir posted...
AimlessDork posted...

fixed that for you

Don't Mis-quote me.

I'm not mis-quoting you, i summed up your statements, which can be best summed as "I made a really bad decision but look how cheap i can use this s***ty format now!"

No actually. I made a REALLY good decision, that ass***s can't see the truth in, because they are busy patting themselves on the ass, and typing loudly on their MECHANICAL KEYBOARD... Sound accurate?

AimlessDork
4 weeks ago#17
ApexMjolnir posted...
AimlessDork posted...
ApexMjolnir posted...
AimlessDork posted...
ApexMjolnir posted...
AimlessDork posted...

fixed that for you

Don't Mis-quote me.

and typing loudly on their MECHANICAL KEYBOARD... Sound accurate?

I don't use a mechanical keyboard, so no?
Ps4. Ps3. PC. 3DS

ApexMjolnir
4 weeks ago#18
The first 2 pages of my Binder full of HD-DVDs:

-A Scanner Darkly
-Accepted
-Aeon Flux
-Alpha Dog
-Anchorman
-Animal House
-Apollo 13
-Army of Darkness
-Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford
-Being John Malkovich
-Beowulf
-The Big Lebowski

All are 16:9 1080p at lower compression than Blu-ray. These few movies cost me about $2 total.
The cranky hermit 4 weeks ago#19
ApexMjolnir posted...

I will probably just get a different software, if it can't handle blu-ray and DVD and HD-DVD.

It can handle all of those. You are doing something wrong. I can't tell you what exactly, because you've given so little detail, but if PowerDVD is giving you an error about MPEG2s, you're doing something wrong. Are you using legit discs? For 50 cents each, probably not.

Funny thing is, I just pulled the drive from a PC that I am selling, and windows 7 had plenty of free software that ran the drive with no issues.

There's no free software that runs Blu-Rays. And why can't you use the same "free software" that you did before for DVDs?
http://thecrankyhermit.shoutwiki.com
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!

User Info: Biceptual

Biceptual
4 weeks ago#20
Buy a 10 tb HDD and forget about actually using the discs to watch the movies? Extract to ISO/mkv or something and create digital library.

I did 0 research on this response. No clue what drive/software would be needed. That is the solution I would pursuit though.
Steam: Biceptual | Bnet: Biceptual#1627 | FC: 3179-6963-0491
Origin: Biceptual0 | Twitch: Biceptual0
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. DVD/BLU-RAY/HD-DVD Software for Windows 10?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived