This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Similarity a good music Duplication checker, or are there better ones?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Similarity a good music Duplication checker, or are there better ones?

User Info: Metroid_Lover

Metroid_Lover
2 months ago#1
I did some quick checking, and Similarity came up often, as well as 'Duplicate Songs Finder' and 'Duplicate Cleaner'.

My music collection needs to be gone through, haven't really done it in a long time and they need a real dup checking program to help me out.

I don’t mind if it’s quick or takes a while, actually, I’d prefer accuracy/quality over speed.

I just need to know if the program says there are multiple exact same songs by same artist/album, I know I can safely delete all the extras and not worry about me worrying that I accidentally deleting a higher quality audio track or anything.

And if it checks each file and not just compare tags, that would be best I think ;)

This boards thoughts/opinions?

Thanks in advance!
Naked Courier (Skyrim): "I've been looking for you. Got something I'm supposed to deliver. Your hands only..."

User Info: Metroid_Lover

Metroid_Lover
2 months ago#2
Anyone?
Naked Courier (Skyrim): "I've been looking for you. Got something I'm supposed to deliver. Your hands only..."

User Info: Goldragon7

Goldragon7
1 month ago#3
Similarity is a bit complicated/overwhelming for someone that hasn't use it before, has a lot of options you might get confused on. What option to show, hide, etc.

I'd recommend you use Duplicate Cleaner with Content Comparison Type set to 'Byte-to-Byte'.
That should eliminate any 1:1 copies of the audio files you might have.

The Pro version also has a better 1:1 checker, 'Match Audio data only' option under 'Audio Mode'.

That should eliminate anymore audio files that are the same, good luck!
"I'd rather have nothing to believe in at all, than be chained down by some silly belief." - An Ice Gemron (DC2)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Similarity a good music Duplication checker, or are there better ones?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived