This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FFXV for Windows looks to be the most demanding game - Mod support + 4K 8K HDR

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. FFXV for Windows looks to be the most demanding game - Mod support + 4K 8K HDR

User Info: ZaruenKosai

ZaruenKosai
3 months ago#11
AimlessDork posted...
protools1983 posted...
VoidNoodle posted...
Probably the reason why it's 170gb, UHD textures.

Hope we can opt out of it.

What the hell is happening to the Master Race?

I don't play at UHD and never will with anything inside of this computer, losing nearly 200gb of HD space to one single game and I won't even make use of most of that space is inane.

Bethesda atleast put the super-textures into an optional download.

Once a long time ago, in a galaxy very far away.
Games were the Size of Peanuts. (150 MB)
They grew larger (500mb) and larger (1GB)
People back than were thinking, I would never buy a game this size, I could only fit 10 of them on my computer.
The games did not stop growing (3 GB, 5 GB, 10 GB)
We were forced to adapt the ever growing size of video games with larger storage drives (100 GB , 500 GB, 1 TB)

For a while , the sizes balanced out and we were once again able to carry insane amounts of games. Even the Largest Games did not stand a chance against our storage drives, (50 GB on a 3 - 4 TB HardDrive.)

Than out of the blue ocean, along came the Destroyer of HardDrvies, he (FFXV) said from now on, this will be the minimum size of games (200GB) If you foolish humans can not simply adapt again, perhaps you were wrong to create us in the first place. For you see, soon enough, my sons and theirs, will be even more powerful than I. (500 - 600 GB). What will you do in the future when our childrens children are too large for you to put in your computers? (2 - 3 TB.) Will you simply whine or do as you always did and adapt to the inevitable.

A wise man entered the room and told us if we wanted to have any chance against the children of the games. We simply must build better Fortresses to hold them.
It is time for a new source of power. It is time for us to build the largest stronghold ever so that we are not overwhelmed by the future. (500 TB Storage.)
I6700K - ASUS R9 390 STRIX - 16 Gigs DDR4 3200 - Z170-XP - Corsair 500R
"You'd best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're in one!"

User Info: dezmomo

dezmomo
3 months ago#12
ZaruenKosai posted...
AimlessDork posted...
protools1983 posted...
VoidNoodle posted...

I don't play at UHD and never will with anything inside of this computer, losing nearly 200gb of HD space to one single game and I won't even make use of most of that space is inane.

People back than were thinking, I would never buy a game this size, I could only fit 10 of them on my computer.
We were forced to adapt the ever growing size of video games with larger storage drives (100 GB , 500 GB, 1 TB)

For a while , the sizes balanced out and we were once again able to carry insane amounts of games. Even the Largest Games did not stand a chance against our storage drives, (50 GB on a 3 - 4 TB HardDrive.)

Than out of the blue ocean, along came the Destroyer of HardDrvies, he (FFXV) said from now on, this will be the minimum size of games (200GB) If you foolish humans can not simply adapt again, perhaps you were wrong to create us in the first place. For you see, soon enough, my sons and theirs, will be even more powerful than I. (500 - 600 GB). What will you do in the future when our childrens children are too large for you to put in your computers? (2 - 3 TB.) Will you simply whine or do as you always did and adapt to the inevitable.

A wise man entered the room and told us if we wanted to have any chance against the children of the games. We simply must build better Fortresses to hold them.
It is time for a new source of power. It is time for us to build the largest stronghold ever so that we are not overwhelmed by the future. (500 TB Storage.)

There is one other solution!

We must stop the Destroyer of HardDrives by not allowing him to have children!

How?

Don't show him any support and don't buy him!
https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyy3c23evP1rolu6wo1_500.png
3DS FC: 1650-1585-5921

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
3 months ago#13
too bad the game sucks

a complete waste of space
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
3 months ago#14
SnakePlisken94 posted...
too bad the game sucks

Haven't you heard? Every single game ever made sucks, according to the internet. They're all s***. Every single one of them.

User Info: AimlessDork

AimlessDork
3 months ago#15
GoIrish80 posted...
SnakePlisken94 posted...
too bad the game sucks

Haven't you heard? Every single game ever made sucks, according to the internet. They're all s***. Every single one of them.

the difference is the general consensus of FFXV is "ehhhhhhhhh"
GTX 1070, i7-6700, NZXT Phantom 530, W10
Ps4. Ps3. PC. 3DS

User Info: ZaruenKosai

ZaruenKosai
3 months ago#16
dezmomo posted...
ZaruenKosai posted...
AimlessDork posted...
protools1983 posted...
VoidNoodle posted...

There is one other solution!

We must stop the Destroyer of HardDrives by not allowing him to have children!

How?

Don't show him any support and don't buy him!

If you try to kill or succeed in killing one, eventually two more will take it's place. It's a never ending swarm. Why do you think insects rule the world?
I6700K - ASUS R9 390 STRIX - 16 Gigs DDR4 3200 - Z170-XP - Corsair 500R
"You'd best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're in one!"

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
3 months ago#17
I hope the textures are separate so we don't have to download stuff we'll never use.

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
3 months ago#18
Mod support

Please don't give ppl false hope
square games is unti modding
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan

User Info: Yewolife

Yewolife
3 months ago#19
Uwah 170 gigs? Say it ain't so :( I only have a 250 gig ssd with roughly 80 free. Glad theres finally a pc version coming though.. i will make it work somehow haha.

User Info: MasterFeeler

MasterFeeler
3 months ago#20
reidyboy102998 posted...
Wonder if my brother's gaming laptop could handle it. GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, Intel 7th Gen Core i7-7000HQ, 16GB DDR4 2400Hz, 256 SSD 1TB hard drive.

Nope. Maybe low/
i5-3570k, 8gb, R9 270
i5-5200u, 8gb, 940m
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. FFXV for Windows looks to be the most demanding game - Mod support + 4K 8K HDR

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived