This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FFXV for Windows looks to be the most demanding game - Mod support + 4K 8K HDR

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. FFXV for Windows looks to be the most demanding game - Mod support + 4K 8K HDR

User Info: Cruzader619

Cruzader619
3 months ago#21
MasterFeeler posted...
reidyboy102998 posted...
Wonder if my brother's gaming laptop could handle it. GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, Intel 7th Gen Core i7-7000HQ, 16GB DDR4 2400Hz, 256 SSD 1TB hard drive.

Nope. Maybe low/

shut up
"If you commit suicide on this forest, bears will poop on your corpse."

User Info: squall567

squall567
3 months ago#22
AimlessDork posted...
When I see those kind of figures, I think Square is just bad at porting.

The GameWorks stuff are pretty demanding. IIRC VXAO was only available for RoTTR prior to FFXV and it tanked the framerate hard, almost a 20 fps loss; and that's just VXAO. So 1080ti for 4K max isn't that ridiculous at all.
4690K@4.4Ghz\H110i GT\Z97-A\Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB@2133Mhz\GTX 1070 FE\Seasonic X750\760T\MG279Q

User Info: Kaijuu

Kaijuu
3 months ago#23
Yewolife posted...
Uwah 170 gigs? Say it ain't so :( I only have a 250 gig ssd with roughly 80 free. Glad theres finally a pc version coming though.. i will make it work somehow haha.

It ain't so.
Nothing's non-fat. That's why the world is going to explode one day.

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
3 months ago#24
Lol at such high specs for such a s*** game, mod support won't do anything but make it even worse.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
3 months ago#25
I'll just bump down the odd detail here and there and it'll be a nice way for my rig to stretch its legs.
Ryzen 1600X @4GHz | GTX 1080 @2GHz | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | HyperX SSD | 28" Acer 4K
Actively Playing: Splatoon 2 | Mario Kart 8 Deluxe | Quake Champions

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
3 months ago#26
I imagine the installed game would be 70-80GB once you delete the three dubs you won't be using.

MasterFeeler posted...
reidyboy102998 posted...
Wonder if my brother's gaming laptop could handle it. GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, Intel 7th Gen Core i7-7000HQ, 16GB DDR4 2400Hz, 256 SSD 1TB hard drive.

Nope. Maybe low/

I believe it would, actually. The recommended GTX 1080ti is for 4K, not 1080p/1440p, so I can't see why a 1060 wouldn't handle the game.

But it's ultimately depending on how optimized the game is, but if I were to guess, I'd say that it'd be as demanding/taxing as GTAV.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#27
BrokenMachine85 posted...
I'll just bump down the odd detail here and there and it'll be a nice way for my rig to stretch its legs.

I'll be fine too. Not playing at 4k and will probably remove hair works and such. Everyone knows you need a 1080Ti for 4K gaming.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#28
zxxcman posted...
I imagine the installed game would be 70-80GB once you delete the three dubs you won't be using.

MasterFeeler posted...
reidyboy102998 posted...

Nope. Maybe low/

I believe it would, actually. The recommended GTX 1080ti is for 4K, not 1080p/1440p, so I can't see why a 1060 wouldn't handle the game.

But it's ultimately depending on how optimized the game is, but if I were to guess, I'd say that it'd be as demanding/taxing as GTAV.

GTAV has one feature that is demanding which kills half of your FPS. Turn down the grass settings.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
3 months ago#29
Yewolife posted...
Uwah 170 gigs? Say it ain't so :( I only have a 250 gig ssd with roughly 80 free. Glad theres finally a pc version coming though.. i will make it work somehow haha.

It's recently been clarified that the final game will not be 170GB.

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
3 months ago#30
This garbage company is so out of touch with the "average" gamer. I hope nobody buys this game.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://hwbot.org/user/secretdragoon/
You're a regular Jack Kerouac
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. FFXV for Windows looks to be the most demanding game - Mod support + 4K 8K HDR

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived