This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please release Nioh on PC

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Please release Nioh on PC

User Info: arleas

arleas
1 month ago#21
TehPwnzerer posted...
Your reek of reassurance. And the only one genuinely upset right now is you. The irony is spilling out of your fingertips and you don't even realize it. Joke or not means nothing when PC gamers actually believe it.

I'm not upset...annoyed is closer. Whenever I see someone taking the PCMR thing seriously or acting like you take it seriously so you can pretend to be offended, it's pretty irksome. Nobody actually believes "PC Master race" except trolls...so if you're butthurt over something a troll said to you, congratulations for giving them what they want (though I fear by responding to you that I, too, have given a troll what he wants).

TehPwnzerer posted...
It's in every businesses best interest to provide a service that only they can provide.

Some do it by actually providing good service. Others do it by more artificial means like paying more to a developer to make the game exclusive.

TehPwnzerer posted...

No one ever seems to say much when other businesses do it though do they? You don't ever see anyone calling HBO stupid for only providing THEIR shows through THEIR streaming service do you?

If I had to buy an entirely new box to play it, maybe I would. It's on a completely different level when you're talking about TV since all you have to do is change a channel and you're there. Maybe pay extra for the package that includes HBO, but it's not like it's being done to sell hardware.

TehPwnzerer posted...
Why doesn't Disney allow Sony to make a Star Wars movie? Why doesn't Warner Brothers allow Lionsgate to make a Batman movie? Why even have property rights at all?

Great argument, except that you're talking about movies and I'm talking about hardware. Again, if you had to buy a special Sony TV to watch Sony movies, then that would be more in line with my argument. I'm not really talking about first party exclusives either. I don't expect Nintendo to put Mario games on Xbox (though it would be cool if they did). Nor am I talking about 2nd party games (where they own the studio in question).

I'm talking about where Sony pays money to Rockstar just to keep it on their platform exclusively for a set period of time. That benefits Rockstar and Sony but doesn't really benefit YOU unless you already own a Sony console. It gives the people who bought a Sony console an artificial feeling of value. It might entice someone to buy the hardware so they can get the software without waiting.

OR they could just make the superior hardware to run the superior version of the game and they'd be the desired platform by default. That's too much money involved though so it's easier to make a cheap console and then pay developers to keep it exclusive and/or gimp other ports so that they don't outshine their device.

It's a pretty s***ty business practice.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: TehPwnzerer

TehPwnzerer
1 month ago#22
arleas posted...
I'm not upset...annoyed is closer. Whenever I see someone taking the PCMR thing seriously or acting like you take it seriously so you can pretend to be offended, it's pretty irksome. Nobody actually believes "PC Master race" except trolls...so if you're butthurt over something a troll said to you, congratulations for giving them what they want (though I fear by responding to you that I, too, have given a troll what he wants).

No. I was right the first time. You're upset. Like a child insisting to his parents that he's not whining.Unlike you however I have no horse in this race. I'm not even much of a gamer anymore. I spend most of my time browsing Facebook and youtube on my $1200 PC. But I call it as I see it.

arleas posted...
Some do it by actually providing good service. Others do it by more artificial means like paying more to a developer to make the game exclusive.

Oh I see. Providing exclusive tv shows exclusively through one tube so customers have multiple monthly fees to worry about is good service, but providing exclusive games on an exclusive platform so gamers have to buy multiple consoles isn't. Master race logic.

arleas posted...
If I had to buy an entirely new box to play it, maybe I would. It's on a completely different level when you're talking about TV since all you have to do is change a channel and you're there. Maybe pay extra for the package that includes HBO, but it's not like it's being done to sell hardware.

What difference is there in having to buy an entirely new box compared to having to pay an entirely new monthly bill? Over time the console would end up cheaper, you realize that right?

arleas posted...
Great argument, except that you're talking about movies and I'm talking about hardware. Again, if you had to buy a special Sony TV to watch Sony movies, then that would be more in line with my argument. I'm not really talking about first party exclusives either. I don't expect Nintendo to put Mario games on Xbox (though it would be cool if they did). Nor am I talking about 2nd party games (where they own the studio in question).

Yes. We're talking about two different products. Explain what that has to do with anything when the business practice is identical?

arleas posted...
I'm talking about where Sony pays money to Rockstar just to keep it on their platform exclusively for a set period of time. That benefits Rockstar and Sony but doesn't really benefit YOU unless you already own a Sony console.

Semantics. It's really no different than if Rockstar was owned by Sony. Sony paying a game to remain exclusive to their console, is beneficial to both Sony, and the company they are paying. Obviously it sucks for the gamer, but the onus is on the gamer to pay for the console if they want the game/service. See how that works? How is that any different than a conglomerate buying out successful businesses so they can get a slice of the pie? That's how business works. Stop crying because companies want to remain in business.

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
1 month ago#23
@TehPwnzerer
My active consoles are currently PS4, PC, and 3DS.

I wanted Monster Hunter on PC but clocked 80~ hours onto the 3DS.
I wanted Nioh on PC but clocked around 40~ hours onto the PS4
I want to play Persona 5 but it is only on PS4 so I'm gonna wait till someone gifts it to me because I have an ultrawide monitor now and prefer to buy games that take up the entire screen (hint, only PC can do this)

Does this confuse you in anyway?

TehPwnzerer
1 month ago#24
Lienhart posted...
@TehPwnzerer
My active consoles are currently PS4, PC, and 3DS.

I wanted Monster Hunter on PC but clocked 80~ hours onto the 3DS.
I wanted Nioh on PC but clocked around 40~ hours onto the PS4
I want to play Persona 5 but it is only on PS4 so I'm gonna wait till someone gifts it to me because I have an ultrawide monitor now and prefer to buy games that take up the entire screen (hint, only PC can do this)

Does this confuse you in anyway?

No.

arleas
1 month ago#25
TehPwnzerer posted...
No. I was right the first time. You're upset. Like a child insisting to his parents that he's not whining.Unlike you however I have no horse in this race. I'm not even much of a gamer anymore. I spend most of my time browsing Facebook and youtube on my $1200 PC. But I call it as I see it.

You call it as you see it from your own little world. You're not even a gamer anymore, yet you're posting on gamefaqs, in a thread about someone wanting a game on PC, making fun of them for "port begging" but you don't have a horse in THIS race, no sir. Then you go on to tell me how much you spent on a PC that you use to browse the web....why?

TehPwnzerer posted...
Providing exclusive tv shows exclusively through one tube so customers have multiple monthly fees to worry about is good service, but providing exclusive games on an exclusive platform so gamers have to buy multiple consoles isn't. Master race logic.

"I don't have a horse in this master race" --TehPwnzer probably. Cable TV and video games are two different things. I can also decide to wait and find the show I want on netflix or DVD/Blu Ray if I chose. Once again, subscribing to a service to watch a show isn't on the same level as making a game artificially exclusive. I can subscribe to the service, watch the show, unsubscribe and it was far less of an expense than buying a $300 console to play one game. TehPwnzererer logic?

TehPwnzerer posted...
What difference is there in having to buy an entirely new box compared to having to pay an entirely new monthly bill? Over time the console would end up cheaper, you realize that right?

If you subscribed long enough sure, there'd be enough fees... oh wait, Consoles have subscription fees too. Dang. But again... I could subscribe, watch the show I was interested and then cancel. I guess I could always buy the $300 console, buy the game, play it and then sell it all off when I was done, but guess which one is more of a hassle? (I really do think you are going to need to guess since you've not gotten anything else right so far)

TehPwnzerer posted...
Explain what that has to do with anything when the business practice is identical?

It's not identical because as I said (how many times do I have to say it?) you are only talking about a service and not hardware. TV shows are about as exclusive to their respective channels as EA games are exclusive to Origin.

TehPwnzerer posted...
It's really no different than if Rockstar was owned by Sony.

Yes, it is quite a bit different. You're pulling some pretty awesome mental gymnastics to come up with this. You need some work on sticking the landing though. You only get an 8.5 from the judges. Bronze medal worthy attempt though.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png

TehPwnzerer
1 month ago#26
arleas posted...
You call it as you see it from your own little world. You're not even a gamer anymore, yet you're posting on gamefaqs, in a thread about someone wanting a game on PC, making fun of them for "port begging" but you don't have a horse in THIS race, no sir. Then you go on to tell me how much you spent on a PC that you use to browse the web....why?

Just to prove I'm not some console fanboy. Because in the minds of PC gamers, anyone who criticizes PC gamers is a console fanboy. It's nice seeing the behavioral patterns on both sides and calling them out objectively.

arleas posted...
"I don't have a horse in this master race" --TehPwnzer probably. Cable TV and video games are two different things. I can also decide to wait and find the show I want on netflix or DVD/Blu Ray if I chose. Once again, subscribing to a service to watch a show isn't on the same level as making a game artificially exclusive. I can subscribe to the service, watch the show, unsubscribe and it was far less of an expense than buying a $300 console to play one game. TehPwnzererer logic?

You can keep on repeating yourself all you want, but you are objectivley deluded to think you're right. Yes, cable and tv aren't the same thing. Just like McDonald's and Subway aren't the same thing. Just like life insurance and automobiles aren't the same thing. And yet all of them have on thing in common, they have multiple ways of trying to entice people to give them their money. You know why? They're ALL BUSINESSES. They only work one way. They exist to continue existing. And they can only do that by getting your money. You're splitting hairs.

arleas posted...
If you subscribed long enough sure, there'd be enough fees... oh wait, Consoles have subscription fees too. Dang. But again... I could subscribe, watch the show I was interested and then cancel. I guess I could always buy the $300 console, buy the game, play it and then sell it all off when I was done, but guess which one is more of a hassle? (I really do think you are going to need to guess since you've not gotten anything else right so far)

Now you're having to stoop to which is more of a hassle to try and differentiate the same practices? Do you see how desperate you are trying to make your point here? You're reaching for the stars. You're looking at all the smaller ways in which they're different and completely ignoring the major ways in which they're the same. This is embarrassing.

arleas posted...
It's not identical because as I said (how many times do I have to say it?) you are only talking about a service and not hardware. TV shows are about as exclusive to their respective channels as EA games are exclusive to Origin.

Again, what difference does it make if we are talking about a service and hardware? You still haven't addressed my question. If the business practice is identical, why does it matter if one company provides hardware while the other provides a service? This is the oddest distinction you're making. It's like saying EA buying out Bioware is different than Disney buying out Marvel because one is a video game developer and the other is a comic book publisher. Two different things right? Therefore the business practice is completely different. What?

arleas posted...
Yes, it is quite a bit different. You're pulling some pretty awesome mental gymnastics to come up with this. You need some work on sticking the landing though. You only get an 8.5 from the judges. Bronze medal worthy attempt though.

Ah. We've descended to humor have we? An embarrassing attempt at preserving dignity while not admitting defeat. Never works every time.

arleas
1 month ago#27
TehPwnzerer posted...
Just to prove I'm not some console fanboy.

But you're making fun of someone for "port begging" which is fanboy behavior.TehPwnzerer posted...
You can keep on repeating yourself all you want

Nah I think you're willfully ignorant so you can stay that way if you so desire.

TehPwnzerer posted...
Now you're having to stoop

When trying to get on your level I am afraid stooping is necessary.

TehPwnzerer posted...
what difference does it make

If you don't understand it, I am not interested in trying to explain it to you any longer. You will just pretend to be stupid to get another response out of me and I'm afraid the troll-feed bag is empty. Sorry.

TehPwnzerer posted...
We've descended to humor have we? An embarrassing attempt at preserving dignity while not admitting defeat. Never works every time.

I have always maintained a sense of humor. You were the one taking a joke too seriously from the start.

To recap so far, you started out making fun of someone for wanting a game on a different platform. You then proceeded to act butthurt over the PCMR joke as if it was serious. Later you proclaimed to have no horse in this race because you're not even a gamer and you spent $1200 on a computer for facebook and youtube. What were you supposed to be defeating anyway?

TehPwnzerer
1 month ago#28
arleas posted...
But you're making fun of someone for "port begging" which is fanboy behavior.

That's what it is though. Fanboy or not.

arleas posted...
Nah I think you're willfully ignorant so you can stay that way if you so desire.

The problem is you thinking in the first place. Some people aren't suited for it.

arleas posted...
When trying to get on your level I am afraid stooping is necessary.

A man of character wouldn't think so. He would just ignore me. I think that says it all.

arleas posted...
If you don't understand it, I am not interested in trying to explain it to you any longer. You will just pretend to be stupid to get another response out of me and I'm afraid the troll-feed bag is empty. Sorry.

But you haven't even tried to explain it a first time. You just keep on saying it's not the same thing because the products are different. That explains nothing.

arleas posted...
I have always maintained a sense of humor. You were the one taking a joke too seriously from the start.
To recap so far, you started out making fun of someone for wanting a game on a different platform. You then proceeded to act butthurt over the PCMR joke as if it was serious. Later you proclaimed to have no horse in this race because you're not even a gamer and you spent $1200 on a computer for facebook and youtube. What were you supposed to be defeating anyway?

You're the one that flew off the handles with your ranty tangent over PC master race being a joke, and yet I'm the one taking a joke to seriously? The only reason why you would have replied to me like that is if you took it personally. Which you did. Which is hilarious. If the irony was any sweeter, I'd have to start taking insulin.

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
1 month ago#29
@arleas You see why my response would have just been lol? He actually brought up the term pc master race himself indirectly and then ended with saying you were on a tangent... Cant debate with people like that so just shrug it off and drop a lol.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

arleas
1 month ago#30
Bleu_Skie posted...
You see why my response would have just been lol?

Yeah, next time he says something stupid I'll just roll my eyes and leave it alone. I suspected he was trolling, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt since you should always assume ignorance rather than malice.

Bleu_Skie posted...
He actually brought up the term pc master race himself indirectly and then ended with saying you were on a tangent...

Of course he did...In his own words it was...
TehPwnzerer posted...
An embarrassing attempt at preserving dignity while not admitting defeat

My "tangent" had more to do with this topic than any of his ranting. Anyway, I'm not sure if I want to tag him as "not a gamer" or "Spent $1200 to browse the web"

Best of all....after his whole spiel about "port begging" he throws out this gem:
TehPwnzerer posted...
Oh god if they released MGS3 on Shield I would be set.

PORT BEGGAR! LOL
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Please release Nioh on PC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived