This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dropped down from 1440p to 1080p on my RX 470 and my FPS basically doubled.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dropped down from 1440p to 1080p on my RX 470 and my FPS basically doubled.

User Info: Garage_Man

Garage_Man
1 month ago#11
arjames13 posted...
Garage_Man posted...
Yeah the quality difference is there but it's not as drastic as most think. I mean using the simple..very simple logic of 1080, 1440, and 2160 you can quickly see that 1440 really isn't that much more than 1080p. It's a huge difference but when you start going 4k and 8k..ehh 1440 isn't that special. You need more pixels to get more information into your eyes. Simple logic.

I used to DSR 1440p on my 1080p monitor and there was a difference but it wasn't that much. When I finally upgraded to a 4k monitor, I noticed 1440p looked much better than 1440p DSR'd on a 1080p monitor. It really is much better when you are actually running the actual resolution.

Oh yeah! You are getting hundreds more lines in the screen so something has to give. If you are buying a monitor go at least 1440. That said, I think everyone owes it to themselves to be on 2160p even if you have to work a little harder at your job to get it. The steam hardware survey always makes me sad. I feel like most don't actually realize the difference in perceived sharpness with the large resolution increases.
-President and CEO of my mind
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dropped down from 1440p to 1080p on my RX 470 and my FPS basically doubled.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived