This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

City building games where you can make a European-esque town ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. City building games where you can make a European-esque town ?

User Info: pancrada

pancrada
3 months ago#1
With classic architecture, churches, squares but also modern buildings and skyscrapers.
I have simcity 2000, 3000 and 4, but I've only played 2000 for a bit.

Can you recommend me a game like that ?

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
3 months ago#2
Cities skylines is the best city builder available right now, it also has a workshop.

User Info: Bossdog421

Bossdog421
3 months ago#3
Classic style, maybe anno 1404?
What makes a man, is it the power in his hands? Is it his quest for glory ?Give it all you got, to fight to the top, so we can know your story.

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
3 months ago#4
Bossdog421 posted...
Classic style, maybe anno 1404?

Definitely this. Dawn of Discovery (NA title) is a good game too. It doesn't have modern buildings due to its time period.

User Info: pancrada

pancrada
3 months ago#5
But can you build europe-styled cities in simcity 3000 / 4 ? Some screenshots make it look like it.

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
3 months ago#6
If the island is big enough, then sure. You do need lots of farmland for hops, cattle, veggies, etc, though, but if you wanted to, you could simply build them on another island and ship the goods over by transports.

If you prefer futuristic buildings, then you could try the last 2 Anno games, or SimCity (2013) with the Cities of Tomorrow expansion. Despite what people say, it's actually not a horrible game. I like it quite a bit.

User Info: Bossdog421

Bossdog421
3 months ago#7
Freelance_Wolf posted...
If the island is big enough, then sure. You do need lots of farmland for hops, cattle, veggies, etc, though, but if you wanted to, you could simply build them on another island and ship the goods over by transports.

If you prefer futuristic buildings, then you could try the last 2 Anno games, or SimCity (2013) with the Cities of Tomorrow expansion. Despite what people say, it's actually not a horrible game. I like it quite a bit.

I'll second that. I liked SimCity, despite all the hate.
What makes a man, is it the power in his hands? Is it his quest for glory ?Give it all you got, to fight to the top, so we can know your story.

User Info: pyromania86

pyromania86
3 months ago#8
Bossdog421 posted...
Freelance_Wolf posted...

I'll second that. I liked SimCity, despite all the hate.

Sim City was so broken when it first released. I will never forget that. Plus it lacked content. After some updates it's playable and can be enjoyed. City Skylines is by far the best option at this point in time.
i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz | CRYORIG H7 | XFX GTR RX-480 8GB | 16GB DDR4 @ 3200 | MSI Z270 | SSD x2 | SSHD 2TB
http://gamercards.exophase.com/128564.png

User Info: monkmith

monkmith
3 months ago#9
pretty sure cities skyline has a european style tile set built into the base game, plus as many roundabouts as you want to put in. beyond that, not really sure what constitutes a european style city in a city builder game.
People die when they are killed.
Among horse, Red Hare. Among men, Lu Bu.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#10
monkmith posted...
pretty sure cities skyline has a european style tile set built into the base game, plus as many roundabouts as you want to put in. beyond that, not really sure what constitutes a european style city in a city builder game.

I imagine there is mods for it for more specific building styles?
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. City building games where you can make a European-esque town ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived