This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Double buy sales strategy GTA5 & FF15..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Double buy sales strategy GTA5 & FF15..

User Info: jhon2345

jhon2345
3 months ago#1
GTA5 Sep 17, 2013 ps3, Apr 14, 2015 pc about 1 or 2 year release difference.
FF15 Nov 29, 2016 ps4, 2018 pc

What I mean is, people bought gta5 on console & same people bought it for pc as well.
If GTA5 was released for pc & ps3 at the same time, people wouldn't double buy the game & sales would be lower.

FF15 is not good as gta5 or considered bad by many ff fans. So double buy for many is out of the question..

User Info: SSHeadzUp

SSHeadzUp
3 months ago#2
Or, y'know, there are people that don't own consoles that want to play these games.
3DS FC: 2036-9293-3057

User Info: Garage_Man

Garage_Man
3 months ago#3
I know this might be quite hard to believe but most PC gamers are almost anti console. As such I don't think your idea holds any water.

Also, I love FF and haven't bought XV yet so...yeah. Maybe when it's 10 bucks.
-President and CEO of my mind

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 months ago#4
I'm pretty sure the double buy crowd is pretty small. Not unless it's a remaster, then they jump all over it.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Garage_Man

Garage_Man
3 months ago#5
SinisterSlay posted...
I'm pretty sure the double buy crowd is pretty small. Not unless it's a remaster, then they jump all over it.

Even then at best you are talking under 5m units which still isn't that much in the grand scale of things.
-President and CEO of my mind

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
3 months ago#6
I double bought GTA 5. It was worth it.

User Info: Crenlar

Crenlar
3 months ago#7
Garage_Man posted...
I know this might be quite hard to believe but most PC gamers are almost anti console. As such I don't think your idea holds any water.

Also, I love FF and haven't bought XV yet so...yeah. Maybe when it's 10 bucks.

Whats your source on that? Why does Rockstar always deny that there will be a pc version whenever a new GTA is released on console? Why aren't they releasing Red Dead 2 on pc alongside the console?

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
3 months ago#8
there's no real strategy involved when you consider the fact that the PC version is the last version many/most people buy since there's no generational leap that somehow prevents you from accessing the game.

so it's just a fact that publishers prefer to release the PC version as late as possible while still managing to keep up interest.

what i don't get is the salt tbh since there's literal thousands of games out there with PC's ever expanding library + emulation to keep one busy so waiting 2 weeks for sonic mania or 2 years(?) for FF15 would never bother me. just knowing the fact that it's actually coming is enough.
Not being able to land shoryuken consistently on one method of input as opposed to another is a matter of preference - zedzilla
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
3 months ago#9
Garage_Man posted...
I know this might be quite hard to believe but most PC gamers are almost anti console.

Most? Doubtful... there are extremists with everything. Honestly though, do believe there are more PC guys anti-console or console guys anti-PC? I'd put my money on the latter.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: Crenlar

Crenlar
3 months ago#10
AsucaHayashi posted...
there's no real strategy involved when you consider the fact that the PC version is the last version many/most people buy since there's no generational leap that somehow prevents you from accessing the game.

so it's just a fact that publishers prefer to release the PC version as late as possible while still managing to keep up interest.

what i don't get is the salt tbh since there's literal thousands of games out there with PC's ever expanding library + emulation to keep one busy so waiting 2 weeks for sonic mania or 2 years(?) for FF15 would never bother me. just knowing the fact that it's actually coming is enough.

Why do they always say there wont be a pc version until 6 months or so after the console release?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Double buy sales strategy GTA5 & FF15..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived