This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Double buy sales strategy GTA5 & FF15..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Double buy sales strategy GTA5 & FF15..

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
2 months ago#11
Crenlar posted...
Why do they always say there wont be a pc version until 6 months or so after the console release?

source saying rockstar flat out denied PC versions?
Not being able to land shoryuken consistently on one method of input as opposed to another is a matter of preference - zedzilla
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg

User Info: Crenlar

Crenlar
2 months ago#12
AsucaHayashi posted...
Crenlar posted...
Why do they always say there wont be a pc version until 6 months or so after the console release?

source saying rockstar flat out denied PC versions?

You got me. I do recall them denying one of the earlier ones but they did state that the pc version of GTA V was planned from the beginning. Now why would they not announce the pc version if they werent going for the double dip?

User Info: BMXJouster

BMXJouster
2 months ago#13
While it was never stated as such it's clearly obvious that Rockstar/Take Two withheld the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V so that people would get impatient and buy the console versions first, then double-dip with the PC release later. There's no other explanation for why the PC version took 5-6 months longer to port to PC after the PS4/X1 versions (if they were a small company with limited resources I could buy it, but Take Two spent something like 200-300 million developing the game and made over a billion in sales, they had the resources to release it at the same time as the PS4 and X1 versions).

So I'm confident they're pulling the same s*** with Red Dead Redemption 2. Now that it's delayed until 2018 there's no reason not to have a PC version ready for release alongside the console versions. But I learned my lesson with GTA5, I'll skip on the console version of Red Dead 2 and wait for the inevitable PC release.
Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives
"One embarrassing clown's quest for the ultimate case of diarrhea."

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 months ago#14
Garage_Man posted...
I know this might be quite hard to believe but most PC gamers are almost anti console

I think it's silly to form opinions of a group of people based on a vocal minority on forums/in comments sections etc. - were I to do that I would think that all PC Gamers are misanthropic shut-ins and all console gamers are drooling morons, but I know that's not the truth.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
2 months ago#15
JKatarn posted...
Garage_Man posted...
I know this might be quite hard to believe but most PC gamers are almost anti console

I think it's silly to form opinions of a group of people based on a vocal minority on forums/in comments sections etc. - were I to do that I would think that all PC Gamers are misanthropic shut-ins and all console gamers are drooling morons, but I know that's not the truth.

Citation needed
Wait, what? I heard about the Netflix thing but how does the music thing work? You get partial songs or what? - Fade2Scrub420

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
2 months ago#16
Garage_Man posted...
I know this might be quite hard to believe but most PC gamers are almost anti console. As such I don't think your idea holds any water.

Also, I love FF and haven't bought XV yet so...yeah. Maybe when it's 10 bucks.

"most PC Gamers"

What an idiotic response. Is it REALLY your belief that "most" gamers are the type of douchebag mouth breathers that frequent sites like this?

User Info: Fall_Of_Rome

Fall_Of_Rome
2 months ago#17
My old roommate bought it on 360, PS3, Xbone, and PC. I bought it on 360 and PC.
Follow me on Spotify - https://play.spotify.com/artist/1sJ0dABTC8wXqTfCLlPz8Z
My rig: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wwNnjc

User Info: good_mangorush

good_mangorush
2 months ago#18
FF XV was disappointment. But if they deliver good modding tool, I might buy it again on steam.
The Truth Has Set Me Free!

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
2 months ago#19
Bayonetta
Vanquish
Final Fantasy X/X-2
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
God Eater 2
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee - New 'n' Tasty
Helldivers
FFXIII trilogy

User Info: pyromania86

pyromania86
2 months ago#20
I am currently considering a triple buy on GTA. I had it on 360, got it on XB1 when I got one and now pretty much strictly game on PC where I would like to play.. again.
i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz | CRYORIG H7 | XFX GTR RX-480 8GB | 16GB DDR4 @ 3200 | MSI Z270 | SSD x2 | SSHD 2TB
http://gamercards.exophase.com/128564.png
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Double buy sales strategy GTA5 & FF15..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived