This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Secret World Legends or The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Secret World Legends or The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited?

User Info: ghstbstr

ghstbstr
3 months ago#1
Which is overall the better, more fun, more things to do between Secret World Legends or The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited? They are now no monthly fee to play and one if totally free and the other is on sale on Steam for less than $10.
I only have time to play one and both seem interesting, but I can't decided.
---
Alienware Alpha R2 -i7 6700T 8MB 2.8/3.6GHz -GTX960 4GB GDDR5 -16GB DDR4 2133MHz,
-128GB SSD -1TB 7200 HDD -Intel Wireless AC3165/BT 4.2 -Win10 Creators 64bit.

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
3 months ago#2
Final Fantasy XIV or WoW for theme park

Blade & Soul for something with a very high skill ceiling and great mammaries

Everything else is worse than those two.
(message deleted)

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
3 months ago#4
I like ESO a lot more. Heck, ESO is now one of my favorite MMOs ever, specially since the update that added level scaling.

There's so much to to and so many beautiful places to see, I usually feel happy when I get lost in that world. Plus, ESO has some amazing side quests, some of them with choices and (small) consequences.

The open PVP area is also amazing. Not only the map is HUGE, protecting castles with friends (and strangers) and attacking enemies' castles in an area where you can be killed at any moment gives me lots of joy. And when I get tired of this, I just leave the PVP area and have fun PVEing. ^^
VERY curious cat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlD0e5DUp28
My Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/marcsm2008

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
3 months ago#5
TSW any day of the week; ESO has been a joke since day 1.
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

User Info: Revocation68

Revocation68
3 months ago#6
MarceloSampaio posted...
I like ESO a lot more. Heck, ESO is now one of my favorite MMOs ever, specially since the update that added level scaling.

There's so much to to and so many beautiful places to see, I usually feel happy when I get lost in that world. Plus, ESO has some amazing side quests, some of them with choices and (small) consequences.

The open PVP area is also amazing. Not only the map is HUGE, protecting castles with friends (and strangers) and attacking enemies' castles in an area where you can be killed at any moment gives me lots of joy. And when I get tired of this, I just leave the PVP area and have fun PVEing. ^^

I don't like the level scaling. Since that update every fight feels exactly the same. You don't curb stomp anything and there is nothing that is extremely difficult to fight. Almost every encounter feels the same and is "middle of the road" in terms of challenge.

It became boring/dull and I haven't played it for about 5 months now because of that.

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
3 months ago#7
Revocation68 posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...

I don't like the level scaling. Since that update every fight feels exactly the same. You don't curb stomp anything and there is nothing that is extremely difficult to fight. Almost every encounter feels the same and is "middle of the road" in terms of challenge.

It became boring/dull and I haven't played it for about 5 months now because of that.

I actually liked the level scaling, because it made the game truly open world. I can go anywhere in the world without worrying about being killed in one hit by some random mob.

I understand your sentiment, however. In fact, I used to hate level scaling. But now that I'm getting older, grumpier and more impatient, I like being able to explore the world at my own pace without "invisible walls" (strong enemies, in this case). And the Bethesda games nowdays are offering me exactly that. ^^
VERY curious cat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlD0e5DUp28
My Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/marcsm2008

User Info: ghstbstr

ghstbstr
3 months ago#8
Still seems like a toss up, but I might be leaning towards Secret World Legends.
---
Alienware Alpha R2 -i7 6700T 8MB 2.8/3.6GHz -GTX960 4GB GDDR5 -16GB DDR4 2133MHz,
-128GB SSD -1TB 7200 HDD -Intel Wireless AC3165/BT 4.2 -Win10 Creators 64bit.

User Info: thedeadman568

thedeadman568
3 months ago#9
MarceloSampaio posted...
Revocation68 posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...

I actually liked the level scaling, because it made the game truly open world. I can go anywhere in the world without worrying about being killed in one hit by some random mob.

I understand your sentiment, however. In fact, I used to hate level scaling. But now that I'm getting older, grumpier and more impatient, I like being able to explore the world at my own pace without "invisible walls" (strong enemies, in this case). And the Bethesda games nowdays are offering me exactly that. ^^

I would hate a system like that. To me, an open world isn't interesting when there is zero chance of running into any real danger.

I still remember the thrills I got in early WoW when traveling through higher level dwarf areas with my low level night elf to get to human lands and learn how to use 2h swords.
Or sneaking through night elf lands as a lvl 10 ork to gank some night elves.
Moments like that were what I played the game for, but those don't really exist in modern MMORPGs.

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
3 months ago#10
I played TSW at launch and tried out Legends during the beta.

I prefer ESO more, but TSWL is free to play, so give it a go first.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Secret World Legends or The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived