This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Another big local pc part store is going out of business

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Another big local pc part store is going out of business

User Info: MaryJHappy

MaryJHappy
3 months ago#1
As a big pc gaming fan and hardware jerky, I spend thousands of dollars every month to upgrade my system to the best even though there are so many console noobs claiming their ps4 can do as good as my thousands of dollars pc. I see news about pc gaming dying, pc hardware industries are tricking people using lame old paper spec only paper weight improvement marketing scheme but I never believed a single word out of it. Well. Up till yesterday that is. The biggest local pc part store that has 48 stores across the nation is going out and according to the source, president of company just saw no future in pc gaming industry anymore. As a hardcore pc gamer, I am deeply saddened by this. It is indeed a sad day for us, hardcore pc gamers.

User Info: ThePandaForest

ThePandaForest
3 months ago#2
sad!
Vega Frontier Edition | Titan X Pascal
C32HG70 HDR 144Hz 1ms | Vive VR

User Info: Jar_Jar

Jar_Jar
3 months ago#3
Unfortunate indeed. PC gamers should support their local stores. But sadly, the best prices are found online.

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
3 months ago#4
MaryJHappy posted...
As a big pc gaming fan and hardware jerky, I spend thousands of dollars every month to upgrade my system to the best even though there are so many console noobs claiming their ps4 can do as good as my thousands of dollars pc. I see news about pc gaming dying, pc hardware industries are tricking people using lame old paper spec only paper weight improvement marketing scheme but I never believed a single word out of it. Well. Up till yesterday that is. The biggest local pc part store that has 48 stores across the nation is going out and according to the source, president of company just saw no future in pc gaming industry anymore. As a hardcore pc gamer, I am deeply saddened by this. It is indeed a sad day for us, hardcore pc gamers.

User Info: CommonGrackle

CommonGrackle
3 months ago#5
I went into a Microcenter once and thought it was the greatest thing ever. I hope more people support these kinds of places.

But then, look at what happened to Radio Shack...
globalist

User Info: DivineWraith

DivineWraith
3 months ago#6
Hardware jerky sounds like it'd be hell on the gums.

User Info: MikeRiley

MikeRiley
3 months ago#7
All the local stores where I'm at had the PC parts I wanted, but at a huge markup + sales tax. I'm on a budget, so no jumping on the "shop local" charity bandwagon for me.
The world is full of idiots, and someone needs to point it out to them or they will never know. - Becker

User Info: Love_Me_Sexy

Love_Me_Sexy
3 months ago#8
MaryJHappy posted...

I bet you thought it was hilarious when you were typing this.

FYI, it wasn't.
Waiting to preorder Xbox One X
Waiting for info on Ataribox

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#9
MikeRiley posted...
All the local stores where I'm at had the PC parts I wanted, but at a huge markup + sales tax. I'm on a budget, so no jumping on the "shop local" charity bandwagon for me.

Not for computer parts anyways.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Another big local pc part store is going out of business

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived