This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible to play Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 on PC but with mods?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is it possible to play Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 on PC but with mods?

User Info: supermichael11

supermichael11
3 months ago#1
I am curious is it possible to play Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 on the PC, but with mod that fixes the problem with the game. When I say fix problem I mean like poor physics, camera, bugs, glitches, etc.

Does a mod exist to implement the features that didn't make it to the game? I know the rainbow gem got removed, which would have allowed Super transform in any level such as Super Sonic.
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/ dragon ball forum
http://midnighttavern.forumotion.com/ Must be over 18 years old to join.

User Info: MyDogSkip

MyDogSkip
3 months ago#2
There is no PC version of Sonic 06. You may be able to emulate the PS3 version at some point, but I doubt anyone is going to bother modding it.
i7 6700k @ 4.5GHz | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | GTX 980 Ti | 500GB 960 EVO

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
3 months ago#3
Isn't there a mod for sonic generations that add some levels from sonic '06? I cant recall. I do remember the sonic unleashed mod was pretty sick.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: WhyWontHeFall

WhyWontHeFall
3 months ago#4
There are two versions of Sonic 06' on PC:

One is the fan recreation demo of Kingdom Valley which plays beautifully and is available right now!

The other is now playable via this is the part I love but has a number of in game effects / sequences still missing / out of place.....but it is still playable. And loading times have been massively improved on both obviously.

Bleu_Skie posted...
Isn't there a mod for sonic generations that add some levels from sonic '06? I cant recall. I do remember the sonic unleashed mod was pretty sick.

Yea there is. It's not bad but doesn't quite fit as the level design clashes with the generation style.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#5
MyDogSkip posted...
There is no PC version of Sonic 06. You may be able to emulate the PS3 version at some point, but I doubt anyone is going to bother modding it.

I'm pretty sure there is a 360 version which would be much easier to emulate.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: WhyWontHeFall

WhyWontHeFall
3 months ago#6
captsplatter_1 posted...
MyDogSkip posted...

Sssshhhh.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#7
WhyWontHeFall posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
MyDogSkip posted...

Sssshhhh.

Emulating the hardware is legal. Just not the software. Or am I just not following you?
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: MyDogSkip

MyDogSkip
3 months ago#8
captsplatter_1 posted...
MyDogSkip posted...

Unless you're talking about the Xbone (and I don't know why you would when TC wants to play on PC), then I doubt it. I don't know about the specific compatibility states of Sonic 06 on the 360 and PS3 emulators but PS3 emulation has much more traction for continued development.

Even if either version is technically playable I wouldn't bother until it's nearly flawless insert joke about how flawed Sonic 06 is. Doubt modders would either.
i7 6700k @ 4.5GHz | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | GTX 980 Ti | 500GB 960 EVO

User Info: cory1225

cory1225
3 months ago#9
captsplatter_1 posted...
WhyWontHeFall posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
MyDogSkip posted...

Sssshhhh.

Emulating the hardware is legal. Just not the software. Or am I just not following you?

technically

Unless you rip the data straight from a disc/cartridge you own
i5 6600k | GTX 1080 | 16Gb

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
3 months ago#10
?¿?¿
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 | 256GB SSD | HD520
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is it possible to play Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 on PC but with mods?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived