This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Annoying game stutter problem

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Annoying game stutter problem

User Info: luke2460

luke2460
3 months ago#11
I had a similar stutter problem with The Evil Within but turning Gsync off fixed that. I don't know what could be causing yours.
GTX 1070, i7 7700k, 16GB RAM

User Info: ajxh

ajxh
3 months ago#12
Eliminate as many variables as possible. Reset any overclocks, reduce to one single display, turn off Gsync. If this fixes the issue, then add stuff back on one at a time. If the issue still persists, I would clean install Windows with only basic software and drivers installed.

It could be something about the games that is the issue, too, since it happened on your last system. Unless there really is something wrong with your SSD.

User Info: BlackBlazeQ

BlackBlazeQ
3 months ago#13
revolver posted...
BlackBlazeQ posted...
I am running a 1440p 144hz monitor and a 4k 60hz monitor with the 1440p as my gaming monitor would that cause any issues? They are both pluged into my gpu one DP and the other hdmi?

Man unplug your secondary monitor and see if it persists.....not trying to be a dick but it seems obvious.

I already did that and it still happens. I also tested if it was my ssd and it's not. I installed it on another drive and it still happened...
Intel I7 7700k 4.8ghz 16gb RAM DDR4 3000mhz ,GTX 1080 ti, gigabyte z270 MOBO, Corsair 540. Gaming at 1440p 144hz is just amazing!!! PC MASTER RACE!

BlackBlazeQ
3 months ago#14
ajxh posted...
Eliminate as many variables as possible. Reset any overclocks, reduce to one single display, turn off Gsync. If this fixes the issue, then add stuff back on one at a time. If the issue still persists, I would clean install Windows with only basic software and drivers installed.

It could be something about the games that is the issue, too, since it happened on your last system. Unless there really is something wrong with your SSD.

When I get home I'm going to load up an old bios profile with the stock clocks and see if it happens still. This issue is really pissing me off
Intel I7 7700k 4.8ghz 16gb RAM DDR4 3000mhz ,GTX 1080 ti, gigabyte z270 MOBO, Corsair 540. Gaming at 1440p 144hz is just amazing!!! PC MASTER RACE!

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
3 months ago#15
Might wanna update your sig there, champ.
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#16
Memory leaks probably. Shadow Warrior 2 for me will work decent for awhile then framerate starts taking the s***.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: meshflesh

meshflesh
3 months ago#17
Op...u turned off gsync...but did you turn on vsync afterwards??

Vsync off= screen tearing and stutter.

And you was probably seeing stutter with gsync on bc you couldnt maintain a consistent 100fps. Any fps drop of 20 or more causes stutter in gsync.
If the shoe fits wear it.

BlackBlazeQ
3 months ago#18
I think it might be internet related. When I play overwatch and battlefield 1 I noticed that I was getting the network icon on the side of the screen for both games. I also played fallout 4 and battlefield 1 single player and no stutter. I'm changing my Ethernet cable and resting my router. My ips is charter.

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
3 months ago#19
While your router is "resting" wrap your Ethernet cable in tinfoil.
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Annoying game stutter problem

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived