This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those of you who are salaried adults, does Denuvo bother you?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. For those of you who are salaried adults, does Denuvo bother you?

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
3 months ago#1
12345 - Results (448 votes)
No.
39.06% (175 votes)
Yes.
60.94% (273 votes)
This poll is now closed.
For those of you who have established a regular source of income and are used to paying for everything yourself, is Denuvo an issue?
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

User Info: Lord_Smokeone

Lord_Smokeone
3 months ago#2
Kindly explain to a computer noob what Denuvo is.

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
3 months ago#3
Lord_Smokeone posted...

Anti piracy measures added to games. The only people who whine and complain about Denuvo are broke ass peasants who pirate stuff constantly.
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
3 months ago#4
Do I like Denuvo? No. Does it influence my decision to buy a game...no.

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
3 months ago#5
I heard that it wears the lifespan of SSDs out because it constantly writes to the disk. I want someone to confirm if thats true or just FUD.

User Info: awezomerobot

awezomerobot
3 months ago#6
Silvererazor posted...
Do I like Denuvo? No. Does it influence my decision to buy a game...no.

This.

User Info: Lord_Smokeone

Lord_Smokeone
3 months ago#7
Renraku_San posted...
Lord_Smokeone posted...

Anti piracy measures added to games. The only people who whine and complain about Denuvo are broke ass peasants who pirate stuff constantly.

Doesn't bother me.

You gotta think about it: yeah it would be cool to get games for free but in the end it hurts everyone who helped make the game. If you do that they might not be able to make any more games.

It's that simple.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 months ago#8
Couldn't care less if I tried.
Reality is so flexible these days, its hard to tell whos disconnected from it and who isnt. You might even say its a pointless distinction.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
3 months ago#9
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
I heard that it wears the lifespan of SSDs out because it constantly writes to the disk. I want someone to confirm if thats true or just FUD.

It's totally not. That claim came from a single Russian blog post and not one person has been able to recreate their findings. It's complete bunkum.

Likewise the "Affects performance" thing is mostly nonsense and the notable exceptions are from where Denuvo was incorrectly configured. Rime is the usual example since it was set to communicate with the servers 10-50 times per second as opposed to once every minute or so like it's supposed to. So with all that net traffic going on of course it slowed down performance.

Denuvo in general is a cause people like to cherrypick data for to support their ideas. They go in hating it on principal because "All DRM is bad, no exceptions, even if I like it it's bad" and they find facts to back up that idea and ignore all the facts that dispute it. And there are way more facts that dispute the heinousness of Denuvo than support it.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
3 months ago#10
Renraku_San posted...
Lord_Smokeone posted...

Not really since Pirates don't have to deal with Denuvo... that's kind of the point of piracy, there isn't any DRM. And since they are pirating stuff constantly, they have more then enough games to play while waiting for a new release to be cracked.

The people complaining are the legit buyers who think its doing harm to their PC.
FC: 1221-0777-4703
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. For those of you who are salaried adults, does Denuvo bother you?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived