This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is cdkeys.com legit?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is cdkeys.com legit?

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
1 month ago#21
Of course. Any mention of devisive issues or sites will get arguments.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
1 month ago#22
G2A TRIES to be legit, but they assume no responsibility for the items their users are selling.

There is still the chance you can get a pirated code from G2A, but at least you have some recourse to get a refund.

CDkeys, is just a bunch of people posting their codes, Legit or otherwise, with ZERO protection for the buyer.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
1 month ago#23
Damaged7 posted...

Yes providing multiple links to the same incident is totally tons of keys.

??

There's several different MASS key revoke articles in my post about different games where thousands of keys were revoked at once. It's not the same incident at all, a couple of the links might be for the same game but there's several different games in the short list I linked
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
1 month ago#24
G2A is great. I use it exclusively.
Rig: Ryzen 1600X @ 3.8Ghz | EVGA GTX 1080 | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200mhz | MSI B350 'Bazooka' | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

User Info: bob742omb

bob742omb
1 month ago#25
WalkingPlague posted...
G2A is great. I use it exclusively.

g2a is a great option too

User Info: genesis145

genesis145
1 month ago#26
I use both G2A and CDkeys. Have never had a problem with either.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
1 month ago#27
ApexMjolnir posted...
G2A TRIES to be legit, but they assume no responsibility for the items their users are selling.

Pffth, sure. G2A tries to be legit...while actively profitting from the sale of stolen goods.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Jules Rules

Jules Rules
1 month ago#28
Knighted Dragon posted...
Damaged7 posted...

Yes providing multiple links to the same incident is totally tons of keys.

??

There's several different MASS key revoke articles in my post about different games where thousands of keys were revoked at once. It's not the same incident at all, a couple of the links might be for the same game but there's several different games in the short list I linked

Alright then let's analyze your links.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/55x1me/learnt_my_lesson_with_cdkeyscom_dont_buy_from_them/

This is one person saying this with no proof to back up his claim. Multiple people in the same discussion say they have had no problems with them. People even suggest he contacts their support, his response? "Not gonna bother". Real humdinger here.

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/288247

Checks date: "November 2014". You've found 2 "articles" on CD keys being a "fraud" and one is from 3 years ago. You'd think if this was such a big deal there would be tons of posts everywhere about it especially recent ones. The guy also says further down that he got a refund within an hour and a discount voucher off a future purchase. What scumbag shady sellers they are.

Not even going to bother with the other links because it's more focused on G2A and Kinguin. Don't be so quick to lump everyone in the same basket, they are not all owned by the same people as you say. But I will say, all of those Ubisoft games that got revoked were returned to everyone.

The biggest offender seems to be fraud sellers putting their stuff up on G2A and Kinguin. It's a marketplace. You can't defend that, but you're going to get those people. I'm sure ebay has had its fair share in the past. CD keys staff get and veto all the keys themselves. I'm not going to say they're not from foreign countries, they probably are and that's why it's cheap, but they at least know what was used to buy them.
What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
1 month ago#29
So everyone likes making companies loose money from buying stolen keys? You guys are worse than pirates
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
1 month ago#30
As legit as MC Hammer.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is cdkeys.com legit?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived