This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My Xbox 360 controller doesn't seem to work on two PC games.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My Xbox 360 controller doesn't seem to work on two PC games.

User Info: candlefighter

candlefighter
1 month ago#1
The games are Viking: Battle for Asgard on steam and Jade Empire Special Edition on Origin. when I try playing with a controller, the main character automatically moves without any input from me. I can't stop them either. I can control where they go, but I don't think I can go straight back in Viking and back and to the left or back and to the right in Jade Empire. it affects menu use too. what do I do? could 3rd party programs like Joy2key affect controllers even if I haven't used them since I turned the PC on?

edit: I tried googling for both, but neither helped.

my specs:
i5-2500k
GTX 570
16 GB Ram(that was upgraded from 4 GB)
Windows 7 64-bit upgraded from Vista 32-bit

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
1 month ago#2
Try a third part app.
Thermaltake Armor+ VH6000BWS W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

candlefighter
1 month ago#3
I shouldn't need to because the games seemingly work otherwise.

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
1 month ago#4
candlefighter posted...
I shouldn't need to because the games seemingly work otherwise.

That doesn't mean they support controllers natively...

candlefighter
1 month ago#5
I dunno about Jade Empire, but Viking specifically states that you shoukd use a controller with the image of a 360 one. The Steam board has at least one topic about controller support

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
1 month ago#6
The store page does not advertise any kind of controller support (not saying that all games that support the controller do, but that's usually the first indicator that you might need advanced troubleshooting or third party software to make it work).

One topic I read suggests verifying integrity of the game cache to make sure updates were download and applied correctly - for Viking you might try doing that, especially if you've had the game installed for a while.

Also lmao because another topic has three users complaining that the controller doesn't work: http://steamcommunity.com/app/211160/discussions/0/613938575180513359/

candlefighter
1 month ago#7
Hexenherz posted...
The store page does not advertise any kind of controller support (not saying that all games that support the controller do, but that's usually the first indicator that you might need advanced troubleshooting or third party software to make it work).

One topic I read suggests verifying integrity of the game cache to make sure updates were download and applied correctly - for Viking you might try doing that, especially if you've had the game installed for a while.

The controller message is ingame and it's more of a suggestion.

Thanks for the idea of verifying Viking's game cache.

candlefighter
4 weeks ago#8
verifying the cache didn't help. though it did download 1.5 MBs of something. no clue what as the game was verified as being fine.

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
4 weeks ago#9
seems weird not to support controllers seeing as it came out on the 360
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/

User Info: Paragon21XX

Paragon21XX
4 weeks ago#10
I had something similar happen to me, but it ended up being a joystick that was not in the neutral position that the game did not ignore as it should have.
Hmm...
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My Xbox 360 controller doesn't seem to work on two PC games.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived