This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are video settings in Ubuntu/linux so lacking?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why are video settings in Ubuntu/linux so lacking?

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#11
Viper187666 posted...
JKatarn posted...
Viper187666 posted...
This question actually got me banned from the official Ubuntu forums with no f***ing warning, so those a******s are no help. I don't get why computer nerds are such f***ing babies.

It's not them being 'babies', it's your abrasive, confrontational tone. If you want help, try being civil and mature when you post. Also, if you want the best performance/features from newer/faster hardware, and don't want to mess with 'command line s***', you probably shouldn't be using Linux.

I stated my f***ing issues and they perma-banned me with no warning what-so-f***ing-ever. They're f***ing babies.

Yeah, I'm sure it was for "no reason".
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Viper187666

Viper187666
1 month ago#12
JKatarn posted...
Viper187666 posted...
JKatarn posted...
Viper187666 posted...
This question actually got me banned from the official Ubuntu forums with no f***ing warning, so those a******s are no help. I don't get why computer nerds are such f***ing babies.

It's not them being 'babies', it's your abrasive, confrontational tone. If you want help, try being civil and mature when you post. Also, if you want the best performance/features from newer/faster hardware, and don't want to mess with 'command line s***', you probably shouldn't be using Linux.

I stated my f***ing issues and they perma-banned me with no warning what-so-f***ing-ever. They're f***ing babies.

Yeah, I'm sure it was for "no reason".

I used "hell" once and "bloody" once in my post on their bulls*** forums and they were still sensitive enough to delete and ban. If you don't have anything useful to say, go the f*** away.
Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/xbox01092016.jpg

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
1 month ago#13
Because ubuntu is dog s***.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 | 256GB SSD | HD520

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
1 month ago#14
Linux users are super insecure
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#15
Viper187666 posted...
I used "hell" once and "bloody" once in my post on their bulls*** forums and they were still sensitive enough to delete and ban. If you don't have anything useful to say, go the f*** away.

I'm just helping you to understand WHY you may have been banned. Given the tone of your first post and subsequent replies I get the feeling that you have a foul mouth and very little patience, a deadly combination. You're free to spew vitriol at people trying to help you, call them "nerds" and "babies" etc., just don't whine when you get banned. Also, again, if you don't have any patience for technology, I would not use Linux.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why are video settings in Ubuntu/linux so lacking?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived