This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is MvC: Infinite expected to bomb big time or something?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is MvC: Infinite expected to bomb big time or something?

User Info: Triple_Aitch

Triple_Aitch
1 month ago#1
At cdkeys.com it's selling for $26. I'm not complaining about that price AT ALL but I have NEVER seen a major release AAA $60 game being sold for THAT LOW on cdkeys.

It seems like the lower the price the lower the projected sales though (or at least it seems like that's how cdkeys works).

I played a demo at PAX and it was pretty fun. I think I'll get it, especially for that price.

Is anyone else getting this thing?
"It's going to be legend... Wait for It...

User Info: wantfastcars

wantfastcars
1 month ago#2
Between the really questionable art direction, outright s***ty character models, and the exceptionally "meh" gameplay that most people are reporting, MvCI is probably going to severely underperform, especially compared to the rather successful MvC3.
Now Playing: GG Xrd Rev 2, GRIP, Redout
Now, let's count up your sins! | Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DrPtkT

User Info: kyiori

kyiori
1 month ago#3
wantfastcars posted...
exceptionally "meh" gameplay that most people are reporting,

I have not heard this. The gameplay is what excels from what I read.

Also, the FGC scene in general are really mad at Capcom with SFV and MvCI.
3DS FC: 5026-4460-7382
Sakura Taisen Forever

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
1 month ago#4
G2A has it for 40 and 43 which seems to match up with the Pre-Order deal offered by Gamesplanet for equivalent of 38.69. Something is fishy about that CDkeys number.

It's not expected to tank. I want to get it but I just bought Ys VIII last week. I have to pay some bills and I think I can pick it up at the last week of the month.

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
1 month ago#5
CDkeys.com sells stolen keys. 26 dollars on stolen product is 26 dollars of pure profit. That's why it's cheap there
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."
~DevilDriver: I Could Care Less

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
1 month ago#6
^lol
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
1 month ago#7
Rosencroitz posted...
^lol

He has a point
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
1 month ago#8
I played a demo and found the art design pretty bad but also all of the characters it gave me felt like they played too similarly, and even the inputs for the specials all seemed to be pretty much the same.

Also, I'm sure this was mostly a demo thing, but it was trying really hard to shove its ridiculous cross-over story down my throat. Like, the story in regular Street Fighter is already pretty weak, so why would I want to watch a bunch of scenes where Thor and Mega Man are meeting up with their home boy Chris Redfield or whatever? You're not Wreck It Ralph, MvCI.

User Info: Skywalker82

Skywalker82
1 month ago#9
I ordered it awhile ago and just got this email from them

Hi there,

We regret to inform you that there has been a mix up with the region information on Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Edition and our codes will not work in your country.

We are unable to obtain a localized version so we have had to refund your payment.

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused and would like to provide you with a $6 discount voucher
http://imgur.com/koVUWeu
http://imgur.com/COcZq62

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
1 month ago#10
Rosencroitz posted...
^lol

I agree. Businesses don't care about anyone except for themselves. Get any deal you can from these scumbags
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is MvC: Infinite expected to bomb big time or something?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived