This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Alienware alpha worth $150?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Alienware alpha worth $150?

User Info: SILENTGHOSTS96

SILENTGHOSTS96
3 months ago#1
Got one I could pick up for that price it's the cheapest model. I plan on selling the steam controller and putting windows on it. Possibly upgrade the ram to 8gb
PE/\K

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
3 months ago#2
i actually have one, it's turned out pretty useful a couple of times. don't really do any gaming on it though, cuz the 750TI is pretty weak these days
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

SILENTGHOSTS96
3 months ago#3
zhenghan posted...
i actually have one, it's turned out pretty useful a couple of times. don't really do any gaming on it though, cuz the 750TI is pretty weak these days

Sooo would it handle witcher 3 ?
PE/\K

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 months ago#4
SILENTGHOSTS96 posted...
zhenghan posted...

Sure at 1080P low-medium and get like 30fps
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

SILENTGHOSTS96
3 months ago#5
Okay cool then it seems like a little upgrade for my Xbox one and I get to play games with mods!
PE/\K

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
3 months ago#6
You should get it, you cant get that type of deal anywhere else

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
3 months ago#7
Hard deal to beat at that price.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#8
Well I know you can't upgrade the GPU, but they do have that one product which is essentially an external GPU so that's something if the built in GPU isn't cutting it.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 months ago#9
It's a decent price for extremely outdated tech.

It's a good little box for light TV gaming.

I strongly suggest lowering yourself to 720p resolution though. The video chip in the alpha does not have the bandwidth for 1080, and was never meant to. You can get huge performance boosts by playing at 720, or even 1600 x 900, compared to 1080.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 months ago#10
SILENTGHOSTS96 posted...
zhenghan posted...

Sure - at low/medium settings, which is ultimately about equivalent to playing it on PS4/XB1 anyway. Most AAA games are going to look/run about as well as they do on a PS4/XB1. I wouldn't expect to pile any advanced graphical mods on newer games or load up Skyrim with graphical mods with that card though, as it's only about as powerful as my previous 660 which was a new GPU 5 years ago.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Alienware alpha worth $150?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived