This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ready for Okami?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ready for Okami?

User Info: GeseztKatze

GeseztKatze
2 months ago#31
It's easily one of the best games ever made, but for anyone who played Okami on Wii or the Okami-den (Okami 2), I think it's worth checking it out. Even though I played the original Okami for the PS2 extensively and enjoyed it a lot, I didn't like the Wii controls or Okami-den.
Try not to look under your bed

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
2 months ago#32
Waiting for that sweet 30fps lock port and the excuse "the frame rate is tied to the engine", then steam users complaining about Keyboard and mouse controls.
England is my city.

User Info: Ratchetrockon

Ratchetrockon
2 months ago#33
Jedi454 posted...
Waiting for that sweet 30fps lock port and the excuse "the frame rate is tied to the engine", then steam users complaining about Keyboard and mouse controls.

mouse support for this game would be an amazing experience. Will make it a far smoother experience than using analog sticks to draw.
i7 6900k | 2x GTX 1080ti FE (SLI) |MSI x99 Gaming PRO | 1tb 960 PRO EVO M.2 SSD| DDR4 32 gig 3200 RAM | EVGA P2 1200W
Bench: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/21395525

User Info: Zanimar

Zanimar
2 months ago#34
Jedi454 posted...

Yeah man it sucks how they made Dragon's Dogma, Resident Evil 7, Resident Evil 6, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Re:make, Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil Revelations, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Devil May Cry 4, and Devil May Cry: DmC all 30fps games. Capcom never bothers letting their games run at 60 fps or more. Capcom is the most evil ever when it comes to PC ports. Grrr, down with Capcom.
PSN - Ruxl
Steam - Renryuu

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
2 months ago#35
Zanimar posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Yeah man it sucks how they made Dragon's Dogma, Resident Evil 7, Resident Evil 6, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Re:make, Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil Revelations, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Devil May Cry 4, and Devil May Cry: DmC all 30fps games. Capcom never bothers letting their games run at 60 fps or more. Capcom is the most evil ever when it comes to PC ports. Grrr, down with Capcom.

I lol'd :P
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: Ratchetrockon

Ratchetrockon
2 months ago#36
Zanimar posted...
Jedi454 posted...

idk about you but I was running DMC 4 on my laptop w/ a 750ti equivalent graphics card @ 120 fps 1080p even on Legendary Dark Knight Mode with the entire screen riddled with demons.

Dragon's Dogma runs at 1440p Ultra while sustaining 120ish fps across the board with my current card.

I was running Resident Evil 7 @ 1440p and it was running above 60 fps on my old gtx 1080. Don't remember the settings I used but it wasn't maxed out.
i7 6900k | 2x GTX 1080ti FE (SLI) |MSI x99 Gaming PRO | 1tb 960 PRO EVO M.2 SSD| DDR4 32 gig 3200 RAM | EVGA P2 1200W
Bench: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/21395525

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
2 months ago#37
^It was sarcasm fam :P
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
2 months ago#38
Zanimar posted...
Jedi454 posted...

It's not about hating Capcom, it's about how some of these ports get locked at 30fps for that very reason.
England is my city.

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
2 months ago#39
If it is not viable to unlock fps I have no problem with it. Obviously all the better when they can.

Keep in mind for example though he was critical of the ports for example Kaldaien actually said it was likely not feasible for the port teams to have afforded the budget to unlock the fps for Tales of Symphonia/Zesteria. It is deeply rooted design blunders much of the time with things tied to fps.

As for the game I'm thrilled. I never played far into the game.

Keep the PC ports coming!

User Info: Jair

Jair
2 months ago#40
Wasn't expecting this. Nice. Never did get a chance to play it on the PS2. Just so many good games on that system that I couldn't help but let slip a few.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ready for Okami?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived