This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PUBG players, have u ever watched the movie called Battle Royale?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PUBG players, have u ever watched the movie called Battle Royale?

User Info: Borticus1

Borticus1
4 weeks ago#21
Fate8 posted...
I saw it back in 2013 and thought it was hilariously bad.

I thought it was okay, then read some of the motivation the author had to write it. Changes how you see the movie.
"Your superior intellects are no match for our puny weapons" - Kang

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
4 weeks ago#22
I think the reason why Battle Royale works so well is that it is done in an over the top style. I mean think about how f***ing ridiculous the premise is, then to top that off when they all get to the school they have that silly video where the lady is telling them all about how the game works and making jokes like "Try real hard!" in a very silly voice.

The movie is meant to be a f***ing joke, that is the point. Hunger Games took the entire premise and made it a super serious thing, which works in some ways but fails heavily in others. Not to mention it seems that every kid that is partaking in Battle Royale has no clue what the f*** is going on when they first arrive, so apparently this thing is happening on a regular basis and no one knows it is. I'm not sure why no one would know about it when, they hear of students dying in other classes or something, even if it was kept completely off the news or any other form of media.
BF ID: Birck #1559845599
Leads: Regil, Shion, Blaze

User Info: The2ndAmendment

The2ndAmendment
4 weeks ago#23
I just remember reading the manga and how it had a full spread of a cats head blown apart from getting shot.

Movie is alright, I like watching it occasionally.
I love you.
"Give me liberty or give me death!"

User Info: kaufmaniac

kaufmaniac
4 weeks ago#24
I don't play PUBG.But Battle Royale has been one of my favorite movies for a while.Having said that.I never knew there was a sequel.Might watch it the next weekend.

User Info: reidyboy102998

reidyboy102998
4 weeks ago#25
hutchyhutchy posted...
Great movie, awful sequel.
Can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077 coming 2018? :).https://imgur.com/T6YyCVX PSN: reidy16982 Other PSN: Da3boys-RDB XGT: yoshio1998

User Info: pkdragon

pkdragon
4 weeks ago#26
saw the movie, read the manga, don't play pubg

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
4 weeks ago#27
Saw this asked a lot when the hunger games came out... then again when the movie came out.

Edit: yes to the movie. No to the book and manga
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: MrZAP17

MrZAP17
4 weeks ago#28
I saw the movie a few years ago and thought it was decidedly average in quality (this is not a compliment).

The premise was absolutely idiotic and it was hard to get past that even if the action was okay. The vicarious "what would you do?" thought experiment is the only real worthwhile takeaway, and it inspired me to read a few fanfics and think it through on my own. My conclusion for myself was that there was an extremely high chance of me ending up very, very dead.

EDIT: I don't play PUBG because f*** competitive multiplayer.
"The truth is rarely pure and never simple."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PUBG players, have u ever watched the movie called Battle Royale?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived