This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

US Government is removing Kaspersky from their PC's and Bestbuy bans sales

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. US Government is removing Kaspersky from their PC's and Bestbuy bans sales

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
1 month ago#21
KainFourteh posted...
@Jedi454

Keep your ignorant comments to yourself, cretin.

@KainFourteh

What did I say to upset you, little buddy?
England is my city.

User Info: master ultima

master ultima
1 month ago#22
Golden_Gonads posted...
Cards_and_Hats posted...
This is like saying why do we have air bags in our cars if most of us never get in a crash

Windows has a built in Virus scanner these days.

Windows Defender is garbage.

User Info: Somato

Somato
1 month ago#23
a few years ago there was this big deal involving Kaspersky

A football (rugby league) team here for about an hour changed from the "Manly Sea-Eagles" (Manly is the city name of the team) to the "Kaspersky Sea Eagles"

The outrage was so big that within an hour they changed it back lol
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
1 month ago#24
master ultima posted...
Golden_Gonads posted...
Cards_and_Hats posted...
This is like saying why do we have air bags in our cars if most of us never get in a crash

Windows Defender is garbage.

Give me an objective reason why. Anti-virus is not a subjective topic. it either works or it doesn't work. I've had to turn off Defender when I programmed/ran a low-level memory manipulator because it was flagged as a virus.

That was enough for me to trust it.

User Info: Rexdragon125

Rexdragon125
1 month ago#25
At least Defender doesn't s*** up your OS like most other 3rd party anti virus

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
1 month ago#26
Cards_and_Hats posted...

That's a terrible analogy. Condoms would have worked significantly better for your point.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
1 month ago#27
I just stick with Adaware Antivirus free.
Ryzen 1600X @4GHz | H90 | GTX 1080 @2GHz | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Acer Predator 28" 4K GSync Display
Playing: Splatoon 2 | Quake Champions

User Info: lmAtWork

lmAtWork
1 month ago#28
Golden_Gonads posted...
Cards_and_Hats posted...

Which means literally every single virus HAS to be able to at *least* beat Windows defender to function. Windows Defender is the base line for a virus to even function, it's not a good anti virus, it's just *barely* better than nothing.

Not using an anti-virus is ignorance at it's finest. There's literally no reason not to, no downsides to doing so, and nothing but benefits from having one running in the background on it's own. Any modern computer won't even notice the performance difference, and the majority of modern anti-viruses are pretty much completely hands off. You install it then forget about it until it saves you
http://i.imgur.com/z2gkfeq.jpg

User Info: GM_

GM_
1 month ago#29
lmAtWork posted...
Golden_Gonads posted...
Cards_and_Hats posted...

Which means literally every single virus HAS to be able to at *least* beat Windows defender to function. Windows Defender is the base line for a virus to even function, it's not a good anti virus, it's just *barely* better than nothing.

Not using an anti-virus is ignorance at it's finest. There's literally no reason not to, no downsides to doing so, and nothing but benefits from having one running in the background on it's own. Any modern computer won't even notice the performance difference, and the majority of modern anti-viruses are pretty much completely hands off. You install it then forget about it until it saves you

I mean pretty much this. I've also had people argue with me about this same topic before and I just said I'd rather have one than not have one for that one time it actually does something to protect my system. Just because you're safe on 99% (arbitrary %) of the sites you visit that doesn't mean you're immune.
PC mustarded rice

User Info: Hatsune_Miku

Hatsune_Miku
1 month ago#30
Jedi454 posted...
Anyone else not use anti-virus anymore because it's 2017?

You know it!! Nothing but wasted resources. Glad I've been on the interweb's long enough to know where to download things without getting an std
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zRHKHN
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. US Government is removing Kaspersky from their PC's and Bestbuy bans sales

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived