This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

US Government is removing Kaspersky from their PC's and Bestbuy bans sales

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. US Government is removing Kaspersky from their PC's and Bestbuy bans sales

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#31
Rexdragon125 posted...
At least Defender doesn't s*** up your OS like most other 3rd party anti virus

I've been using the Norton suite for many years now and it has most certainly not "s*** up" my OS.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
4 weeks ago#32
The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me. This is absolutely ridiculous.

User Info: Rexdragon125

Rexdragon125
4 weeks ago#33
JKatarn posted...
Rexdragon125 posted...
At least Defender doesn't s*** up your OS like most other 3rd party anti virus

I've been using the Norton suite for many years now and it has most certainly not "s*** up" my OS.

Good for you? I've had to deal with hundreds of computers where it has

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#34
Rexdragon125 posted...

You know hundreds of people who don't know how to use/do basic maintenance on their computers? That likely has everything to do with people downloading/installing random crap and having gobs of s*** running in the background and nothing to do with the anti-virus running. On a modern, multi-core system an AV suite will use less to no CPU resources, and when it does decide to scan a file etc. it will be one on a single core/thread that wasn't being used anyway, so short of an ancient P4 build, it should not effect performance in any appreciable way.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
4 weeks ago#35
JKatarn posted...
Rexdragon125 posted...

You know hundreds of people who don't know how to use/do basic maintenance on their computers? That likely has everything to do with people downloading/installing random crap and having gobs of s*** running in the background and nothing to do with the anti-virus running. On a modern, multi-core system an AV suite will use less to no CPU resources, and when it does decide to scan a file etc. it will be one on a single core/thread that wasn't being used anyway, so short of an ancient P4 build, it should not effect performance in any appreciable way.

That s*** software kept giving me a blue screen when I tried it. Got it for free through Comcast and still felt ripped the f*** off.

User Info: Rexdragon125

Rexdragon125
4 weeks ago#36
JKatarn posted...
Rexdragon125 posted...

I'm sure it's fine in your home PC scenario but in a more complex business network it's a different story.

User Info: Dredj

Dredj
4 weeks ago#37
First I had nothing and never had a problem, then the mid 2000's crisis happened, what was it.. something to do with a backdoor via Windows core code so there's nothing you can do to prevent it so everyone flocked and installed an anti-virus. I didn't really care but felt bemoaned into getting something so I think I used McAffe. It annoyed me eventually so I switched and against my better judgement I installed AVG which immediately screwed me so I got rid of it and had to live with the consequences until I reinstalled Windows. After that I used Avast and had it for ages but when I moved to Windows 7 I came to my senses and again went without an anti-virus.

I've been AV clean since 2009 and.. never had a problem.

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
4 weeks ago#38
Dredj posted...
First I had nothing and never had a problem, then the mid 2000's crisis happened, what was it.. something to do with a backdoor via Windows core code so there's nothing you can do to prevent it so everyone flocked and installed an anti-virus. I didn't really care but felt bemoaned into getting something so I think I used McAffe. It annoyed me eventually so I switched and against my better judgement I installed AVG which immediately screwed me so I got rid of it and had to live with the consequences until I reinstalled Windows. After that I used Avast and had it for ages but when I moved to Windows 7 I came to my senses and again went without an anti-virus.

I've been AV clean since 2009 and.. never had a problem.

That you know of.

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
4 weeks ago#39
What happened to the TC? I was hoping he was going to back his claim up.

@GM_
i7 7700K|EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition|Corsair Vengeance 16GB|960 EVO 1TB|850 EVO 1TB|840 EVO 500GB|EVGA G3 750w|NZXT H440|ASUS SWIFT PG278Q 27"

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
4 weeks ago#40
I have never used nor recommended an AV.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://hwbot.org/user/secretdragoon/
You're a regular Jack Kerouac
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. US Government is removing Kaspersky from their PC's and Bestbuy bans sales

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived