This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

US Government is removing Kaspersky from their PC's and Bestbuy bans sales

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. US Government is removing Kaspersky from their PC's and Bestbuy bans sales

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
2 months ago#81
Hatsune_Miku posted...
Wasn't Russia the country that was just proven to have hacked Facebook in an attempt to sway political opinion in America? ... for what reason should we trust any of them, when their government is literally trying to destroy us from the inside out?

I don't believe they hacked Facebook, but rather funded a rather sizeable advertising campaign and potentially bots.

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
2 months ago#82
Hexenherz posted...
Hatsune_Miku posted...
Wasn't Russia the country that was just proven to have hacked Facebook in an attempt to sway political opinion in America? ... for what reason should we trust any of them, when their government is literally trying to destroy us from the inside out?

I don't believe they hacked Facebook, but rather funded a rather sizeable advertising campaign and potentially bots.

Pretty much

Russia paid Facebook for ad space, which was used to spread fake news and disinformation. Facebook knew this and lied to the public when asked about it. It's been recently reported that Special Counsel Mueller has obtained federal warrants to get records on the whole thing. Facebook is kind of in deep s*** on this one. They'll probably even be asked to testify before a Senate security council
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

User Info: PsyEd

PsyEd
2 months ago#83
I've been using Kaspersky for so long...don't remember ever getting infected. It is like my nagging x wife...complains on every error on a website
i7 3770k || ASUS Titan X 12GB DDR5 SLI || Kingston Fury 32GB DDR3 || 512GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro || ASUS Sabertooth Z77 || Asus PG279Q 165Hz monitor

Hexenherz
2 months ago#84
Kaspersky AV itself is very high quality, don't get me wrong. But you just have to be willing to accept that anything Russian-owned and operated is probably collecting data from you on behalf of the Russian government. For most people that probably isn't a concern.

User Info: gilv3r

gilv3r
2 months ago#85
Hatsune_Miku posted...

Yup in the same way I hacked a coffee from a coffee shop today. I was thinking of hacking a double quarter pounder with cheese from McDonald's later.

In all seriousness Facebook wasn't hacked just paid. They get paid all the time for different advertisements. I would like to see them go under though so hopefully Mueller grills them real damn good.
Jesus is Lord
Playing: Grim Dawn and Kotor

User Info: MoodyHoe

MoodyHoe
2 months ago#86
Wasn't it Kaspersky that alerted Iran to the presence of stuxnet ?
'Anyone can speak Troll,' said Fred dismissively, 'all you have to do is point and grunt.'

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
2 months ago#87
Hatsune_Miku posted...

As noted, it's more that they bought a bunch of fake ads to fool stupid people into thinking Mexicans were coming to turn their dog gay if they didn't vote for Trump.

also they:
- hacked the DNC to hurt Hillary and help Trump
- tried to hack voter rolls

Them blatantly just trying to scam the election and get a s***ty joke troll like Trump elected should put Russia on America's s*** list for the next 1000 years or so.

Hexenherz posted...
Obsessively watching/reading anti-US Russian state propaganda and regurgitating it on Gamefaqs makes someone a Russian shill??

Yes, yes it does.
Obama 2008

Hexenherz
2 months ago#88
Where the hell did I regurgitate Russian state propaganda? Re-read my posts, or take an English reading comprehension class.

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
2 months ago#89
You repeat the same Russian talking points I see on Facebook, YouTube, and Reddit. So either you are a shill or you buy their propaganda hook line and sinker. If it's the second one then...why? Why do you take Russia's side over your own country?
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

Hexenherz
2 months ago#90
Instead of repeating the same asinine baseless rhetoric can you point out exactly which of my pro-US-decision making posts is "Russian shilling"?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. US Government is removing Kaspersky from their PC's and Bestbuy bans sales

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived