This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

US Government is removing Kaspersky from their PC's and Bestbuy bans sales

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. US Government is removing Kaspersky from their PC's and Bestbuy bans sales

User Info: tzuyd

tzuyd
4 weeks ago#91
sfcalimari posted...
also they:
- hacked the DNC to hurt Hillary and help Trump
- tried to hack voter rolls

I believe the words you are looking for are "nothing" and "burger".
I sexually identify as a 100% inoffensively correct person. My pronouns are 'yes', 'uh huh' and 'absolutely'.

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
4 weeks ago#92
Hexenherz posted...
Instead of repeating the same asinine baseless rhetoric can you point out exactly which of my pro-US-decision making posts is "Russian shilling"?

I've posted factual news. Nothing about it is asinine or baseless. You're the one trying to discredit and deflect from those facts
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
4 weeks ago#93
I'm not trying to discredit anything except your ridiculous assumption that the RF government ordered DoS staffing reductions because Kaspersky Labs was removed from a couple of approved vendor lists (but still allowed at the time the RF implemented its decision).
It's a basic, not even critical, analysis of facts. It's not even pro-anyone, it's just pro-"opening your eyes to examine the facts".

The USG went ahead to actually ban Kaspersky Labs software on government computers in the last week which is what this topic is actually about.

I mean at this point you have to be trolling: absolutely nothing that I said in regards to your misconstrued sequence of events has any political slant to it at all. The additional Congressional sanctions that were passed a few months ago are what prompted Russia's response, not any one agency's decision to remove antivirus software from a vendor list. The remainder of my posts are clearly in total support of the US government's decision to ban the software outright, and are critical of the conduct of the Russian government and its attitude towards its own laws (as you can see in my first post in the topic, and in a couple other posts throughout).

User Info: VideoboysaysCube

VideoboysaysCube
4 weeks ago#94
I give up on picking the right anti-virus software. Someone always says something horrible about any of them.
This sentence has five words. This sentence has eight words. Only one sentence in this signature is true.

Hexenherz
4 weeks ago#95
VideoboysaysCube posted...
I give up on picking the right anti-virus software. Someone always says something horrible about any of them.

It's tricky.
If you don't mind the strong potential of a foreign government collecting your information then Kaspersky is probably one of the best options, but I personally don't prefer that.
Avast is questionable with its advertising techniques and this recent CCleaner scandal.
AVG has always sucked. Norton and Mcafee are nothing to call home about...

I like Avira personally, it has a minimal system footprint and a lot of great utilities.

User Info: MUD VIPER

MUD VIPER
4 weeks ago#96
VideoboysaysCube posted...

Been using ESET for five years and can't say enough good things about it or its interactive firewall.
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you too can become a game tester.

User Info: tzuyd

tzuyd
4 weeks ago#97
Hexenherz posted...
I like Avira personally, it has a minimal system footprint and a lot of great utilities.

Last time I used the free version its ad popups were astronomical.

Unrelated, but at work we recommend Trend Micro, and it seems to come with little complaints, certainly compared to Norton.
I sexually identify as a 100% inoffensively correct person. My pronouns are 'yes', 'uh huh' and 'absolutely'.

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
4 weeks ago#98
tzuyd posted...
sfcalimari posted...
also they:
- hacked the DNC to hurt Hillary and help Trump
- tried to hack voter rolls

I believe the words you are looking for are "nothing" and "burger".

Yeah democracy is really overrated anyway huh. If we're going to make ourselves stupid enough to destroy our own country it might as well benefit a cool country like Russia that is a cool guy and drinks the sexy vodka.
Obama 2008

User Info: MoodyHoe

MoodyHoe
4 weeks ago#99
Democracy without freedom and heavy government's surveillance is already half dictatorship anyway.
'Anyone can speak Troll,' said Fred dismissively, 'all you have to do is point and grunt.'

Hexenherz
4 weeks ago#100
tzuyd posted...
Hexenherz posted...

Last time I used the free version its ad popups were astronomical.

Unrelated, but at work we recommend Trend Micro, and it seems to come with little complaints, certainly compared to Norton.

I mean the free version does have pop-up ads but I only ever see maybe one a day. I wound up subscribing to it anyway for the sake of having access to their unlimited VPN tool (I know it's probably not the most advanced VPN software but it works for the sake of viewing regionally limited videos on YT).

But yeah I've also heard good things about Trend Micro.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. US Government is removing Kaspersky from their PC's and Bestbuy bans sales

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived