This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nier Automata appreciation topic

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nier Automata appreciation topic

User Info: Chass1990

Chass1990
1 month ago#11
you need the FAR mod but outside of that, it's great.
MSI Z97 Gaming 5 * Xeon E3-1246 v3 * Noctua NH-U12S * MSI GTX 970 * Sound Blaster Z * HyperX Savage 32GB * 850 Evo * Supernova G2 750W * Phanteks Enthoo Pro

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#12
SinisterSlay posted...
Still infected, so still no buy.

Infected?
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Jules Rules

Jules Rules
1 month ago#13
Jedi454 posted...
I appreciate the unpatched PC port.

Hehe
What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?

User Info: vbty3

vbty3
1 month ago#14
zhenghan posted...
randomoaf posted...
monkmith posted...
hasn't the developer essentially abandoned the game and left it somewhat broken?

yeah. I haven't returned to it cause game is broken as s***.

Isnt it just broken for AMD graphics cards?

Is this true?
Steam Wishlist: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043569354/wishlist

zhenghan
1 month ago#15
vbty3 posted...
zhenghan posted...
randomoaf posted...
monkmith posted...
hasn't the developer essentially abandoned the game and left it somewhat broken?

Is this true?

The first patch for the game fixed it IIRC.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
1 month ago#16
It's a great game, though I gotta say that the meaning of presence of the twins was completely lost on me.

Still, good graphics, good combat, great story, I loved it all.
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
1 month ago#17
Darth_Kamcio posted...
It's a great game, though I gotta say that the meaning of presence of the twins was completely lost on me.

Those twins are more like an easter egg, a reminder of the original models from NieR replicant/gestalt but they're not the same.

I also loved the game and the music was my favourite part, combat was good too although the lack of enemy scaling killed it for me, it became way too easy on the last part and l did play it on hard.

zhenghan
1 month ago#18
ablerider posted...
Darth_Kamcio posted...

Those twins are more like an easter egg, a reminder of the original models from NieR replicant/gestalt but they're not the same.

I also loved the game and the music was my favourite part, combat was good too although the lack of enemy scaling killed it for me, it became way too easy on the last part and l did play it on hard.

On the other hand, the lack of enemy scaling means it can get pretty hard on easy if you're under leveled. I'm at the last part at easy difficulty and for some enemies I'm like 20 levels under and so it's mildly challenging.

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
1 month ago#19
zhenghan posted...
vbty3 posted...
zhenghan posted...
randomoaf posted...
monkmith posted...

Is this true?

The first patch for the game fixed it IIRC.

Square-Enix has done nothing to fix any of the problems with the PC version of the game. There has been one (1) patch and all it did was minor bug fixes to bring it in line with the console version and DLC support. There has been no patch to fix any of the PC specific issues.

Square-Enix has been silent on all the complaints and problems that have been brought up with the PC version. They just don't care about PC gamers. This is the game that was delayed so they could implement the latest version of Denuvo, when instead they could have given the port a little more attention. They've made one statement very early after launch, saying they're investigating the issues that have been reported and to stay tuned for updates. All bulls*** and damage control though, so the foolish wouldn't refund the product or lose their eligibility.

There's absolutely no reason for a game to have the technical issues that this one has. The creator of the FAR patch even commented on how inept the developers seemed to be. There's just no excuses for that s***.

And that's pretty much Square-Enix's M.O. when it comes to PC software releases. They release a broken product, followed by a little bit of damage control for the "suckers", and then they abandon it.

PC gamers deserve so much better than that. I really have no idea why anyone supports those pieces of s*** anymore.

zhenghan
1 month ago#20
Oops I thought it was the patch fixing it but it was an AMD fix.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/05/21/nier-automata-amd-white-screen-bug-fixed/
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nier Automata appreciation topic

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived