This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What exactly can't I do with a non-activated version of Windows 10?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What exactly can't I do with a non-activated version of Windows 10?

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
3 months ago#1
I know that if I don't activate W10 I won't be able to change the desktop backround and I'll have a watermark on the lower right area of the screen. Is there anything else I lose by not activating? Is the watermark only on the desktop or is it always there even if I have a game playing in fullscreen?
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
3 months ago#2
Watermark is going to be up in your face, unless they changed that from Windows 7.

Well, after the trial period ends, you're going to be unable to use windows at all. Back in the old win7 times, it was kinda easy to get around that and still use Windows, but they could've fixed/changed that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/3ph9cb/what_limitations_does_nonactivated_windows_10_have/

Verified, Windows becomes unusable after a certain amount of time. Use slmgr /dlv to find out the expiry date.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What exactly can't I do with a non-activated version of Windows 10?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived