This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Multiplayer games do you regularly play and why?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What Multiplayer games do you regularly play and why?

User Info: Yewolife

Yewolife
1 month ago#1
With so many games to choose from with many dying quickly (Exp: Lawbreakers, Battleborn) while others are booming in tandem (Exp: PUBG, Overwatch), I really am curious as to what specific multiplayer games everyone is playing regularly, and of all games why those in particular. This can include any genera from shooter to MMORPG/MOBAs as long as it allows Online multiplayer. Also feel free to include why you don't like certain games.

For myself the only MP game I play on the norm would be Planetside 2 just because its the only kind of game in it's genera. Love that its a always persistent battle where you can solo or team up at your leisure as well as join or leave the game whenever. Game was dated even when it was released, but I just can't help but go back to it.

User Info: GunmaN1905

GunmaN1905
1 month ago#2
Played dota with on and off periods for more than 10 years, gave up in 2015 because it just became unbearable.
Played lots of racing games over the years, GT/Forza mostly.

Never stopped playing CS ever since 2000. Obviously transferred to CSGO now.
That's my go to game and I think it'll always be like that.

Yewolife
1 month ago#3
GunmaN1905 posted...
Played dota with on and off periods for more than 10 years, gave up in 2015 because it just became unbearable.
Played lots of racing games over the years, GT/Forza mostly.

Never stopped playing CS ever since 2000. Obviously transferred to CSGO now.
That's my go to game and I think it'll always be like that.

Haha have to admit your tale sounds almost classic to me as your story commandeers what my childhood lan-party friends experiences. Played dota together long ago on and off and eventually stopped as we stopped doing lan-parties post highschool, and now they still frequent CS with the occasional TF2. Personally got caught up in the COD4 path before CS got me in to deep haha.

User Info: loader963

loader963
1 month ago#4
Last couple of years it's been rocket league. Easy to play, hard to master, fast matches, and a bad match quickly gets followed with an epic game that keeps me addicted.
I can be patient, but I'm not waiting!

User Info: Borticus1

Borticus1
1 month ago#5
None.

I have kids and a very busy life. I need to be able to pause and can't dedicate the time necessary for most multiplayer games.
"Your superior intellects are no match for our puny weapons" - Kang

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
1 month ago#6
None. I'm not really interested in multi-player games anymore. I could see myself playing something that was co-op or pve focused, but nothing is appealing to me right now. I stay away from competitive games like they're the plague though, because they kinda are.

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
1 month ago#7
Currently it's just PUBG and Path of Exile. I tend to play whatever's new or interesting.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://hwbot.org/user/secretdragoon/
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

Yewolife
1 month ago#8
loader963 posted...
Last couple of years it's been rocket league. Easy to play, hard to master, fast matches, and a bad match quickly gets followed with an epic game that keeps me addicted.
Theres definitely something to Rocket League in particular that hits that sweet spot in quick/easy/addictive. I work part time at a hotel and lots of kids essentially living here either play minecraft or trade off playing rocket league on their parent's laptop. Kids get almost to hyped playing haha.

Borticus1 posted...
None.

I have kids and a very busy life. I need to be able to pause and can't dedicate the time necessary for most multiplayer games.
Honestly feel this way as well. Due to that I find myself actually turned off by games with matches/rounds (which probably accounts for 95% of MP games haha). Probably why I'm a fan of Planetside as I can freely log in and out whenever without compromising the team/match. Besides that I only play single player games since they can be paused.

Though to be honest, I'm not even sure I can properly dedicate time to even regularly hang with friends. What with work and hm.. fear of commitment haha.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#9
Mainly co-op games vs. AI with a few friends - we play a variety of different games, and tend to change it up from time to time. Currently playing Rocket League and Path of Exile.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: lostsymphony

lostsymphony
1 month ago#10
I play Hearthstone and FFXI. I used to really love online games, but I guess I got old or something.

Edit: I play FFXI because I've been playing for almost 10 years and I still love it. Hearthstone scratches my CCG itch without needing a real collection or real friends.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What Multiplayer games do you regularly play and why?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived