This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Multiplayer games do you regularly play and why?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What Multiplayer games do you regularly play and why?

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
1 month ago#11
Overwatch-- because I run s*** in that game.
Ryzen 1600X @ 3.8Ghz | EVGA GTX 1080 | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200mhz | MSI B350 'Bazooka' | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

User Info: PlayerAnonymous

PlayerAnonymous
1 month ago#12
Battlefield 2, Rocket League, and Halo 2.
Most of the more popular multiplayer games like LoL and PUBG had too many fake gamers.
"Better part of valor! Better part of valor!"

User Info: Yewolife

Yewolife
1 month ago#13
lostsymphony posted...
I play Hearthstone and FFXI. I used to really love online games, but I guess I got old or something.
Haha find it funny/odd how you choose FFXI as opposed to FFXIV. A good buddy of mine did the same and when asked he said he choose it because he liked the feel/familiarity of the game more even though its more primitive by today's standards. Am curious as to why you choose FFXI as well compared to FFXIV or others.

Played FFXIV myself pretty hardon until I ended up quitting cold turkey out of the blue, since I had to rip myself away from playing or else my life would pass by haha. Surprisingly though the friends I made in mmos are some of the closest friends I actually stay connected with.

PlayerAnonymous posted...
Most of the more popular multiplayer games like LoL and PUBG had too many fake gamers.
Haha its study in psychology with how the games you play can be telling on how someone may feel about others. Doubt that made any sense and I mean no offense, but when you list classic games like BF2/Halo2 as your go to's - I can just imagine the person disliking those who bandwagon on the latest and most popular flavors of the moment. But, can go on forever about every nuance of the things they're into.

User Info: lostsymphony

lostsymphony
1 month ago#14
Yewolife posted...
lostsymphony posted...
I play Hearthstone and FFXI. I used to really love online games, but I guess I got old or something.
Haha find it funny/odd how you choose FFXI as opposed to FFXIV. A good buddy of mine did the same and when asked he said he choose it because he liked the feel/familiarity of the game more even though its more primitive by today's standards. Am curious as to why you choose FFXI as well compared to FFXIV or others.

Played FFXIV myself pretty hardon until I ended up quitting cold turkey out of the blue, since I had to rip myself away from playing or else my life would pass by haha. Surprisingly though the friends I made in mmos are some of the closest friends I actually stay connected with.

PlayerAnonymous posted...
Haha its study in psychology with how the games you play can be telling on how someone may feel about others. Doubt that made any sense and I mean no offense, but when you list classic games like BF2/Halo2 as your go to's - I can just imagine the person disliking those who bandwagon on the latest and most popular flavors of the moment. But, can go on forever about every nuance of the things they're into.

FFXI is a totally different game than FFXIV. I had played WoW at a fairly high end for a long time, too, and FFXIV is just worse that. FFXI is very old-school, very difficult, and very community-based. No raid-finder, cross-server, etc. The game has horizontal gear progression, so outside of (essentially) two major events in the game's history, all sorts of different gear and content is relevant.

Not many people will be able to get passed how primitive it is. It is truly an Everquest 1 clone. But, I was already used to the presentation from playing it when it was more modern. And to me, there is no comparison to the feeling of downing an NM in FFXI that you worked hard to put a party together for and worked hard to even spawn most likely. Queuing up for a duty finder just ain't the same.

Yewolife
1 month ago#15
lostsymphony posted...
FFXI is a totally different game than FFXIV. I had played WoW at a fairly high end for a long time, too, and FFXIV is just worse that. FFXI is very old-school, very difficult, and very community-based. No raid-finder, cross-server, etc. The game has horizontal gear progression, so outside of (essentially) two major events in the game's history, all sorts of different gear and content is relevant.

Not many people will be able to get passed how primitive it is. It is truly an Everquest 1 clone. But, I was already used to the presentation from playing it when it was more modern. And to me, there is no comparison to the feeling of downing an NM in FFXI that you worked hard to put a party together for and worked hard to even spawn most likely. Queuing up for a duty finder just ain't the same.
Man I really appreciate you explaining, and it correlates with what my friend said very well in terms of the horizontal progression, grinding for gear, and getting people together for events.

Coming from someone who played mmos all the time, although more terrible Korean based ones, I can definitely relate to how accomplishing big fights by gathering folks instead of the immediacy of duty finder that makes most events more monotonous instead of rewarding.

User Info: Nabinator

Nabinator
1 month ago#16
I've never been much into multiplayer games, unless they're coop. Games that I seem to always back to across the last 5 years have consistently been Borderlands 2 (still looks beautiful in 4K to this day), Skyrim (modding heaven) and bumping between several strategy franchises. Currently trying my hand at the Divinity Original Sin series, and would be keen to try coop at that
You have the right to have an opinion, but that doesn't mean your opinion is right

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
1 month ago#17
Hearthstone.
Heroes of the Storm.
World of Warcraft.
Star Wars the Old Republic.

Why? You know why.

User Info: chris121691

chris121691
1 month ago#18
Dota 2.
Still don't know why..

Yewolife
1 month ago#19
Nabinator posted...
I've never been much into multiplayer games, unless they're coop. Games that I seem to always back to across the last 5 years have consistently been Borderlands 2 (still looks beautiful in 4K to this day), Skyrim (modding heaven) and bumping between several strategy franchises. Currently trying my hand at the Divinity Original Sin series, and would be keen to try coop at that
Ahh I can relate to your liking of Borderlands 2. It was the only post Nintendo 64 game that me and my brother actively went out of our way to play coop together (we're both grown now so its a rarity to even do anything together). Spent I imagine 20 hours playing the from afternoon to all night to finding out its afternoon again and almost dark again. Only game I ever remember playing together coop and getting lost in time ahha. And this is with the terrible visuals of a PS3 split screen.

Skyrim I concur is indeed the greatest level of mod heaven. Honestly think I spent more time getting mods and troubleshooting then actually playing the game haha.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#20
WalkingPlague posted...
Overwatch-- because I run s*** in that game.

https://a.wattpad.com/cover/851937-352-k278330.jpg
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What Multiplayer games do you regularly play and why?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived