This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Multiplayer games do you regularly play and why?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What Multiplayer games do you regularly play and why?

User Info: USF

USF
1 month ago#21
I usually hop around between Rainbow Six Siege, Overwatch, Diablo 3 when seasons start, and nowadays PUBG.

Siege: Because I love tactical gameplay, and Siege is fantastic.
Overwatch: When I feel like playing some arcadey hero shooter.
Diablo 3: I enjoy fresh seasons and gives me that braindead put on some music and just slay monsters gameplay.
PUBG: I f***ing hate this game, but my best friend of 24 years gifted to me because he moved across the planet for work and he wanted us to play something together. So now I play it with him when he's on.
Currently Playing: Stuff.

User Info: lostsymphony

lostsymphony
1 month ago#22
Yewolife posted...
lostsymphony posted...
FFXI is a totally different game than FFXIV. I had played WoW at a fairly high end for a long time, too, and FFXIV is just worse that. FFXI is very old-school, very difficult, and very community-based. No raid-finder, cross-server, etc. The game has horizontal gear progression, so outside of (essentially) two major events in the game's history, all sorts of different gear and content is relevant.

Not many people will be able to get passed how primitive it is. It is truly an Everquest 1 clone. But, I was already used to the presentation from playing it when it was more modern. And to me, there is no comparison to the feeling of downing an NM in FFXI that you worked hard to put a party together for and worked hard to even spawn most likely. Queuing up for a duty finder just ain't the same.
Man I really appreciate you explaining, and it correlates with what my friend said very well in terms of the horizontal progression, grinding for gear, and getting people together for events.

Coming from someone who played mmos all the time, although more terrible Korean based ones, I can definitely relate to how accomplishing big fights by gathering folks instead of the immediacy of duty finder that makes most events more monotonous instead of rewarding.

Yeah man, to me, it's what multiplayer cooperative games should be. It can feel just as awesome getting someone in your Linkshell (guild) a great drop as it can feel if you got a great drop. Real sense of working together and adventure with friends.

User Info: MMG_

MMG_
1 month ago#23
MOBAs, Hearthstone, DBD and some coop vs AI.
BORED TO DEATH. I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored. I am bored.
http://i.imgur.com/sprnlxX.gif

User Info: xnoelz

xnoelz
1 month ago#24
Been playing GTA V and Warframe a lot lately.

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
1 month ago#25
Starcraft 2, Killing Floor 2, Hearthstone, Final Fantasy 14 Stormsblood, Totla War Warhammer, and Xcom 2 is what I've been playing recently. Need to finish my 2nd play through of witcher 3 dlc too.
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
1 month ago#26
I've basically been playing Overwatch exclusively since its release with some Heroes of the Storm and PUBG sprinkled in.

I think I might drop Overwatch and pick up Destiny 2 when that comes out.
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986

User Info: Ghost_Turtle

Ghost_Turtle
1 month ago#27
Playing Rocket League 2v2 or 3v3 with some friends has almost become a nightly thing for me.
Rofl House

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
1 month ago#28
Currently just Quake Champions (PC) and Splatoon 2 (Switch). Depends how tired my brain is after a day at work honestly.
Ryzen 1600X @4GHz | H90 | GTX 1080 @2GHz | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Acer Predator 28" 4K GSync Display
Playing: Splatoon 2 | Quake Champions

User Info: realfreako

realfreako
1 month ago#29
PUBG - I just really enjoy and have fun playing this now
Siege - Getting kills in this game is just really satisfying

Sprinkle of some survival EA game (Rust, Forest, 7 Days To Die, etc)
PSN: FreakoFreako

User Info: Fantana88

Fantana88
1 month ago#30
The last few years I've really started to gravitate towards slightly slower-paced shooters

Insurgency
Day of Infamy
Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm
Verdun

I've been thinking about trying to give Rising Storm 2: Vietnam another shot. I'm really loving this style of shooter that I used to find really intimidating.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What Multiplayer games do you regularly play and why?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived