This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rendering a 4K Video. Windows 10 just restarted my PC!?!?! WHAT THE f***!?!?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Rendering a 4K Video. Windows 10 just restarted my PC!?!?! WHAT THE f***!?!?

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#11
i had that happen to me a couple of times, then i just threw up my middle finger at windows updates and disabled it...
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#12
DaedalusEx posted...
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
All you have to do is be 10% smarter than the machine, looks like you're not there yet, champ.

Learn how to use your PC before complaining your PEBKAC issues.

Missing the point. It's an utterly stupid design decision to make the PC restart without explicit permission.

yup, even smartphone OS doesn't do this.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
1 month ago#13
A lot of people didn't know what they were getting themselves in to with the free Windows 10 upgrade. But if you paid attention none of this would be surprising. As many have stated there are ways around it.

It's annoying and unfortunate that you've had a bad experience, but I wouldn't consider this Microsoft's fault.
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
1 month ago#14
This has never happened to me. I have been on Windows 10 for several years now. Currently on the Technical Preview Fast Ring.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://hwbot.org/user/secretdragoon/
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder
1 month ago#15
You don't even have to disable the updates. Go to Update&Security>Restart Options, and there you can schedule a day and time to restart.
FC: 2724-1435-8055 - IGN: PSI_BLUE
Spelling errors make me laugh.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#16
Blue_Thunder posted...
You don't even have to disable the updates. Go to Update&Security>Restart Options, and there you can schedule a day and time to restart.

This is not a solution.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
1 month ago#17
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Blue_Thunder posted...

This is not a solution.

Then isn't the other solution pay to upgrade and then you can control when things update?
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
1 month ago#18
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Blue_Thunder posted...

This is not a solution.

You're right, just turn your computer off once in a while (or when it asks you to and says if you don't do it on your own it'll do it when it gets fed up waiting on you) and you'll never have a problem.
ezpz
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
1 month ago#19
DarkZV2Beta posted...
DaedalusEx posted...
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
All you have to do is be 10% smarter than the machine, looks like you're not there yet, champ.

Learn how to use your PC before complaining your PEBKAC issues.

Missing the point. It's an utterly stupid design decision to make the PC restart without explicit permission.

yup, even smartphone OS doesn't do this.

Not even any other of Microsoft's previous OSes either, right?
This is what really makes one wonder what the hell Microsoft is thinking.
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
1 month ago#20
Really tho, TC do you have any windows licenses floating around? Just reinstall Windows 10. This is why I have 2 perpetual licences.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://hwbot.org/user/secretdragoon/
You're a regular Jack Kerouac
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Rendering a 4K Video. Windows 10 just restarted my PC!?!?! WHAT THE f***!?!?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived