This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTA V was the 2nd best selling game in August

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GTA V was the 2nd best selling game in August

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
1 month ago#1
There won't be a GTA 6 .

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
1 month ago#2
There will it will just take 5 yrs or so.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
1 month ago#3
I can't understand how it's still so high in the charts - surely everyone has it by now?

Unless there really are thousands of new PC owners each month and consoles are actually dying out...
Specs: i7 4790k@4.6GHz |EVGA 1080 FTW| 16GB RAM - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST US PRESIDENT!

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
1 month ago#4
Is this new copies or just people buying shark cards?
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Maximus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti OC | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1.5TB | Seagate 1TB HDD

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
1 month ago#5
Jason_Hudson posted...
I can't understand how it's still so high in the charts - surely everyone has it by now?

Unless there really are thousands of new PC owners each month and consoles are actually dying out...

Consoles are doing amazingly well with no signs of slowing down. Hundreds of thousands of people each month are buying a console and are probably grabbing GTA V with their purchase.

User Info: mirage_004

mirage_004
1 month ago#6
Jason_Hudson posted...

Yeah, and it still sells at $50 price on consoles, too. Biggest cash grab ever.
Need a new signature here.

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
1 month ago#7
it_r_over9000 posted...

Good question
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
1 month ago#8
it_r_over9000 posted...

New copies sold.

User Info: The_DOAM

The_DOAM
1 month ago#9
There are still more PS3 and 360 users than their are ONE and PS4 users so their are always new people buying those games. Also new people coming to PC to buy it as well.

However the truth is this generation is just bad and a game like GTA V can shine so bright because nothing has even come close to it that people see it as the best of the best for its category. If they can put LA Noire on Switch they can obviously put GTA V for a portable version as well so sales will only continue to sell at a steady pace for many years to come.

Espeicially because Red Dead Redemption 2 is next so it will be ages for a new GTA to release.

Though truthfully I'd say people are buying GTA V for GTA online
Ignorance is Bliss...

User Info: RunFromThisGun

RunFromThisGun
1 month ago#10
GTA V is a technical marvel. I play it on PC with all the overhaul mods (although each update breaks them) so I know firsthand how good this game can look.

I just felt that the replay value of the single-player game is much less than GTA IV. My biggest gripe was that they replaced the classic rags to riches with a wannabe Michael Mann storyline.

GTA V had a single crime boss, Martin Madrazo, and he ended up being completely insignificant. There were also a lot fewer missions, mainly because they made them longer. But for some reason, this makes them much less fun to replay because you remember the starts of every mission the 3rd time around.

GTA IV had numerous crime bosses and more shorter missions. This made the replays more enjoyable because if you did remember a mission, you knew it would be over soon and that you would likely not remember the next one as much.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GTA V was the 2nd best selling game in August

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived