This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm really surprised that Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions isn't on Steam

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm really surprised that Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions isn't on Steam

User Info: Ivalice_VKP

Ivalice_VKP
2 months ago#1
I've been a fan of FFT since it released in 1998 and while War of the Lions is typically the favored version, I still prefer the original (yeah, the translation is bad in parts, but I'm not a big fan of the name changes for some characters). My point, is that so many games in the series are already on Steam and with how popular Tactics has been since its original release, I'm wondering when Square is going to port it over?
Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Waiting On: Shenmue III

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
2 months ago#2
I was wondering the same thing recently. But I got tired of waiting so I just played through the original again.

Have you played the Tactics Ogre games? If you haven't I highly recommend them.
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
2 months ago#3
The shady way of playing it sucks too. Hard to get text to look right.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hP6BCy
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: Ivalice_VKP

Ivalice_VKP
2 months ago#4
shmirlywhirl posted...
I was wondering the same thing recently. But I got tired of waiting so I just played through the original again.

Have you played the Tactics Ogre games? If you haven't I highly recommend them.

I have! I own the original on Super Famicom, Saturn, PlayStation and PSP :)
Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Waiting On: Shenmue III

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
2 months ago#5
Glad to hear you've played Tactics Ogre, TC!

As for FFT, WotL is one of my all time favorite games ever. To get my fix, I play it on a PSP emulator. There's even a nifty patch that you can download to fix the spell slowdowns!
i7 7700K|EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition|Corsair Vengeance 16GB|960 EVO 1TB|850 EVO 1TB|840 EVO 500GB|EVGA G3 750w|NZXT H440|ASUS SWIFT PG278Q 27"

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
2 months ago#6
There's several of these that surprise the hell out of me that they aren't on Steam. FFI, FFII, Dimensions, CT, etc.
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

User Info: PlayerAnonymous

PlayerAnonymous
2 months ago#7
I would rather have a remaster of Tactics than Type-0.
"Better part of valor! Better part of valor!"

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
2 months ago#8
PlayerAnonymous posted...
I would rather have a remaster of Tactics than Type-0.

Ten fold.
i7 7700K|EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition|Corsair Vengeance 16GB|960 EVO 1TB|850 EVO 1TB|840 EVO 500GB|EVGA G3 750w|NZXT H440|ASUS SWIFT PG278Q 27"

User Info: DeathScythe_527

DeathScythe_527
2 months ago#9
Well WotL is the best FF game out of all of them so...
Steam/PSN: DANomite93

User Info: XDummyX

XDummyX
2 months ago#10
I would buy the ff/ogre tactics games on steam to try them if they were there. Unfortunately they seem to have fallen into the same limbo as the Castlevania games, Konami only puts the total s*** CV games on steam for some reason. Maybe square just needs someone to do a really s***ty remaster of their sprites and add in a mobile ui?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm really surprised that Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions isn't on Steam

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived